Reply To: List of countries that have suspended AstraZeneca vaccine because of bloodclots

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum List of countries that have suspended AstraZeneca vaccine because of bloodclots Reply To: List of countries that have suspended AstraZeneca vaccine because of bloodclots

ET

I also read that article Tatyana. Emergent BioSolutions were contracted to make 2 different coronavirus vaccines. Due to human error (some dozer) the “ingredients” from one manufacturing process came to be mistakenly added to the other manufacture process because they were mixed up. I think this reflects on Emergent BioSolutions management prowess rather than on the AZ vaccine itself. Emergent BioSolutions seem to have been entirely at fault for contaminating that batch of 15 million doses. One wonders if they were encouraged to do so?

I believe that the EU medicines agency is delberately dragging it’s heels over approval of the Russian Sputnik vaccine though not unsurprisingly they are blaming that on the Russians stating they haven’t submitted the vaccine for approval. It’s hard to know about these particular types of blood clot and I’d like to know if similas CVSTs have occurred in smialr numbers in those who have received the Pfizer vaccine in UK. That information is hard to find so far.