Reply To: Covid: pick a side

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Covid: pick a side Reply To: Covid: pick a side

Clark

Mods, thanks for the info.

The link to weforum.org returns “Sorry, but we can’t find the page you were looking for”, but it appears to be wrongly formatted – the “&#8221” seems wrong. “&” in a link generally specifies an additional parameter, and is inappropriate unless an initial parameter had been specified with a “?”. I therefore removed “&#8221”, and discovered a link that works:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/authors/jim-smith

“Jim began his career as a journalist and rose through the ranks at Thomson Newspapers to become responsible for operations in North America. He then led a number of professional publishing businesses serving the legal, regulatory and academic markets. He served as global head of Human Resources before becoming Chief Operating Officer of The Thomson Corporation. Following the acquisition of Reuters in 2008, Jim ran the Professional division of the combined company. He was named Chief Executive Officer in January 2012.

– Jim is a director of Pfizer, Inc. He also serves on the board of the World Economic Forum’s Partnering Against Corruption Initiative and is a member of the Forum’s International Business Council, as well as on the International Advisory Boards of British American Business and the Atlantic Council.”

This may well be what J would like us to see.

J, I’m not sure what to say to you. Personally I’m furious that so many governments are letting a virus with which we have zero experience run through the population, with unknown effects for decades to come. Appropriate social measures could virtually stamp it out in five weeks and indeed did so in China; it seems that the only obstacle is neoliberal ideology.

This makes getting infected almost certain, just a matter of time, placing enormous pressure upon people’s choices of whether or not to get vaccinated – with the only vaccines being very new and thus lacking long term data. The pharmaceutical companies are thus guaranteed immediate profit.

It’s a very unpleasant situation to be in, but please don’t rant at people like me because we’re stuck with it just the same as you.