Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions? Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

ET

“I am sick to death of people on here trashing our country.”

Well, Michael, tough shit. Also, mostly it’s not trashing the UK, it’s trashing the UK’s response to the pandemic along with trashing the similar responses from most other european countries and the USA and multiple other countries. Those countries that did well instituted strict isolation, test and trace measures and closed the borders. Most of the countries that didn’t do so well didn’t. That is the point and, whatever you think, it is reasonable to compare and contrast.
I lived so long in London I’d have considered myself a Londoner over being Irish. I have moved to another part of the British Isles, strictly speaking not in the UK, where they got their pandemic mostly right until they moved to a mitigation strategy rather than elimination. You are taking umbrage where there is no need.
Do you think this current UK government is handling anything well? You keep pointing to the vaccination success but I keep pointing you to the similar levels of vaccination elsewhere. Vaccination will not be the whole answer though it sure helps.