Reply To: New World Shifting to the Indo-Pacific new nuclear powered submarines

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum New World Shifting to the Indo-Pacific new nuclear powered submarines Reply To: New World Shifting to the Indo-Pacific new nuclear powered submarines

ET

“If the E.U. had been more respectful to Dave, more giving, more reasonable, maybe, we would not be where we now are.”

When you carefully read the amendments the EU made he actually got most of what he had asked for MN, in my opinion from re-reading it now with some hindsight. I’m not sure how you think they were disrespectful. I suspect what happened is that the pro-brexit media presented it that way. In what way do you think they ought to have been more respectful or more giving or more reasonable? That is a genuine question not just rhetorical.

Something else I remember now is that the UK could have kept the new members citizens out of the UK’s labour market for 7 years under what was then existing EU treaty law but declined to do so.

“This is because wages for ordinary people had been kept low for quite a while.”

Was it the EU or UK government responsible for that? I suspect very much it was more the UK government. Having worked in the NHS for 30 years MN I can assure you it wasn’t the EU who have messed it up it has been sucessive UK governments. (not that I was against all the reforms, any government has to ensure it gets value for money from what it spends)

I’m gonna have to get my eyes tested if these captcha things get any more difficult 🙂