Reply To: What is Conspiracy Theory?

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum What is Conspiracy Theory? Reply To: What is Conspiracy Theory?

Clark
  1. Ginger Ninja:

“And I know this is going to sound even more hilarious to you, but there are some things I can’t mention.”

Not hilarious at all; I am in the same position myself regarding a number of matters and I find it intensely uncomfortable and isolating, so I sympathise.

“I am a bit mentally disorganised…”

Respect to you for recognising this. The system cultivates confusion and division, because whenever people achieve understanding and unity, the system suffers partial defeat. As an example, people’s critical thinking skills and understanding of science are continually undermined by the corporate media; for a highly systematic and entertaining account of this, I recommend Bad Science by Ben Goldacre, which is also essential introductory reading to Bad Pharma mentioned by SA above.

“And who’s going to rein them in? […] Nobody, that’s who!”

Herein lies the tragedy of conspiracy theory, and its utility to the system. We have some 10% to 20% of the population who are sufficiently dissident to have chosen conspiracy theory in preference to the confusion they call “the official story”, but effectively neutralised by assuming the omniscience of “them”, because opposing an invincible foe can lead only to defeat and punishment. Yet the system would rapidly collapse if the majority merely removed their cooperation from it.

“Organise, organise, organise!”