Reply To: Trouble in Washington DC and the last days of the Trump presidency

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Trouble in Washington DC and the last days of the Trump presidency Reply To: Trouble in Washington DC and the last days of the Trump presidency

Clark

I think that if elections are scheduled for May, then the government will probably hold them in May. I think it would be better to reschedule them for July when covid-19 infection levels are likely to be much lower, like they were last July.

Dave, you seem to believe everything Trump says, and I’ve no idea why, because every claim of his I can check is provably untrue, and he’s often self contradictory.

“…footage showing police allowing the protesters to enter the building unobstructed”

Probably cops who’ve swallowed the QAnon fantasy.

“why would he want to give the deep state an excuse to stop vital proceedings debating election fraud?”

Because there wasn’t enough election fraud to change those states’ results; Trump’s claim was just yet another of his lies, as determined by scores of election officials, and even court verdicts returned by supportive judges that Trump himself had put in place.

But I don’t really care anyway, since US “democracy” is as broken as the UK’s; both have been incrementally degraded over the course of decades. The Clinton dynasty, Trump, Biden, the Bush dynasty; obviously, none of these are of the common people. I know less about Obama, but under his presidency whistleblowers were persecuted worse than previously and US foreign policy changed in no significant way.

“…the deep state purge against the populist revolt against the ruling oligarchy”

Eh?! Trump serves the oligarchy; he’s obviously one of them! He handed out tax cuts to the rich, he abolished healthcare for the poor, abolished worker protections, abolished protections against pollution, handed grants and rights to powerful corporations, and exposed the whole damn population to a deadly virus!