Reply To: List of countries that have suspended AstraZeneca vaccine because of bloodclots

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum List of countries that have suspended AstraZeneca vaccine because of bloodclots Reply To: List of countries that have suspended AstraZeneca vaccine because of bloodclots

ET

Ah, ok. Things are possibly becoming a little more clear with the latest MHRA statement released.

“A further, detailed review into five UK reports of a very rare and specific type of blood clot in the cerebral veins (sinus vein thrombosis) occurring together with lowered platelets (thrombocytopenia) is ongoing. This has been reported in less than 1 in a million people vaccinated so far in the UK, and can also occur naturally – a causal association with the vaccine has not been established.”

I understand a little better why some countries were a little spooked though I don’t understand why they were not forthcoming with their reasoning. Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis is indeed very rare. I don’t know if the Norwegian cases were CVST nor the other cases in other countries but if they were can understand their hesitation a little better.