Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions? Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

ET

Back in the late 2000’s the UK gov introduced an 18 week wait time. This meant for instance Michael that from the date of receipt of your GP’s referral letter about your hernia the hospital team had 18 weeks to see you, plan treatment and do the procedure. To accomplish this and get the backlog cleared there were “waiting time initiative” extra surgical lists at weekends paid for as extra etc etc. It took 2 years to get that backlog sorted. It’s going to take literally years to get the covid backlog up to date. I can guarantee that excuse will be used to spend NHS money in the private, mostly american owned, health sector. The NHS will see, diagnose and decide treatment and the private sector will be well paid to perform the surgery.
I wonder how many covid patients requiring ventilation ended up on private ICU wards. Not many I’ll bet. Piece of advice. If you are ever really sick don’t go near a private hospital.