A Good Idea

by craig on March 21, 2014 9:07 am in Uncategorized

Dashing off to London now to do an interview with George Galloway for his crowd sourced documentary “The Killing of Tony Blair”.  Sounds less like a film, more like a good idea.

1. “Perpetual educated guesses, but I digress.”

They haven’t found the actual site (as far as I know), but they’re quoting new data from Immarsat.
    They haven’t said yet what that data is.

2. “Media Lens aren’t Nationalists.”

Well the bloke who wrote it was a Glaswegian who’s mother was Catholic and his father Communist.

But I’m not going to start screaming bias, I’m not even going to ask about Sky News and the Scottish Sun since Salmond’s little talk with Murdoch.

All I want to know is the budget deficit forecasts so I can reach an informed decision.

3. Ben, the thing that intrigues me now is all previous talk had related to a breakaway via referendum from western and north western Ukraine, but the mass demonstrations in Odessa indicate that unrest and dissatisfaction is not just in those areas.

4. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 4:47 pm

Mr Goss

“I would be in no way surprised if there was a partition of Eastern Ukraine, especially if the May elections (if they go ahead) return Yatsenyuk and the neo-fascists.”
    _________________________

That sounds like you’re preparing readers for another Russian intervention in due course.

Perhaps you should have a word beforehand with Mr Putin and his EU Ambassador: both are reported as saying that Russia had no further territorial ambitions and was not in expanding mode. As we know, both of these individuals are Russian Gentlemen and would not tell a lie.

**********************

“Life has become better, life has become merrier! ” (J. Stalin, ca. 1934)

5. Arsenly “Yats’ channels St Ronaldus (Reagan’s hagiography)

““Mr. Putin, tear down this wall,” he said, as he emerged from the White House, “the wall of war, intimidation, and military aggression. Let’s talk.”

Shicklgruber agrees.

6. Habbabkuk, 4:27 pm; it is of course presumably* good news that the vaccine is being made available. Whether it’s good news that it costs 130 pounds per patient, and that taxpayers are paying out that much for it, depends upon whether that is a fair price or not. I do not know.

*”presumably” – pharmaceutical companies have too much power over the testing of their own products (see Ben Goldacre’s excellent Bad Science blog for many examples); there could be problems with this vaccine that we do not yet know.

7. Indiscriminate moderation? Objective deletions? Who’s in control here?

8. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 5:03 pm

Clark

“there could be problems with this vaccine that we do not yet know.”
    _______________________-

And you might get knocked over by a bus when crossing the road this week.

Come on, Clark, try a little grace even if it does mean acknowledging that not every single thing is doom and gloom in the UK.

9. Ben, your comment about Russia Today being biased is undoubtedly true. All media studios and offices have editorial bias and I am open to contradictions from what people consider to be more reliable sources. But like you, in the long-term it has been Russia Today that has had the more credible news. I was pleased to see that the BBC had run a piece about the shady gun-carrying thuggish members of the new parliament who filmed themselves beating up a media executive into signing his resignation.

I was shocked when I saw it, the BBC condemning the Yatsenyuk illegal opposition. I could hardly believe my eyes because I had not seen it on any earlier news bulletin. After looking at the clock I realised it was after midnight, and on the BBC news channel. I never saw it the next day. Of course I cannot be certain that it was marginalised into the early hours. Did anybody else see the above story on any of the main news channels at peak hours?

10. John; RT news, like any commercial enterprise, has it’s agenda. However I find the TV news to eminently more informative and enlightening than any other network.

It’s the best bad idea we have for news.

11. An O?T snippet on a new TV channel called Mustard, it could also have been called ‘dooooh’ as in the Simpsons, but Mustard TV in Norwich it is.

It is an Archant press TV channel that has a homogenously white, vetted staff in the EDP vane. Here is my comment which will most likely not be printed, but I saw the picture of all staff today in their printed version double page spread and it makes me shudder how someon e can get this through the broadcastiong brief.

“Directed, staffed and paid for by a homogenously caucasian crowd of vetted journalists who are not representing the make up of Norfolk. Far from providing an alternative to the excisting BBC channel, it is a copy cat with an EDP heart. How such monocleic focus on one ethnic identity was allowed a pass the broadcasting brief is baffling, or could it just be another manifestation of a fact, namely that Stephen Lawrence case of Met internal racismn is spread through many other organisations.”

12. ” Did anybody else see the above story on any of the main news channels at peak hours?”

It was on the BBC website along with film of the assault.

13. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 5:15 pm

Clark – while we’re on the subject of grace :

“Whether it’s good news that it costs 130 pounds per patient, and that taxpayers are paying out that much for it, depends upon whether that is a fair price or not.”
    ___________________

1/. Is GBP 130 the final price negotiated between the manufacturer and the NHS or was it the manufacturer’s previous (and private) price?

2/. I wonder who would decide on what’s a fair price for any medicine (factoring in the cost and time for the development) and who should establish it.

3/. Even if the cost of the three shots needed is GBP, compare and contrast with the price – for example – of a not very sophisticated I-phone. Or a passport. Or a weekly (large) coffee at Starbucks for a year.

Hope that helped, and be happy that the vaccine will be available, for free, on the NHS.

14. Fred, yes that’s where I got the link. What I meant was on the 6 o’clock or 10 o’clock BBC News broadcasts.

15. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 5:32 pm

A little O/T, but connected with the media nevertheless.

16. More leaked tapes.

This one showing that teenager Tymoshenko is a big potty mouth, who’d bring the world to nuclear armageddon for a soundbite:

“Ukrainians must take up arms against Russians so that not even scorched earth will be left where Russia stands”

“It’s going too far! Bugger! We must grab arms and go whack those damn katsaps [a Ukrainian word used to refer to the Russians in a negative tone] together with their leader,”

“I’ll use all my connections, I’ll raise the whole world – as soon as I’m able to – in order to make sure.. Bugger!.. not even scorched earth won’t remain where Russia stands,” she promised.”

Please God, make it be a fake.

Where’s the adults?

17. Also connected to the media, inadvertandly. An interview with a cagey ex NSA chief general Hayden by der Spiegel.

Apparently the US fears Chinas cyber abilities the most… well after MH 370…..

18. ‘Egypt court sentences 529 Morsi supporters to death’

Muhammad Mursi intended to get Egypt directly involved in Israel’s destruction of Syria. When the generals realised what a headless chicken the US had brought to power, squawking around with an Al Qaida handbook under his wing to cut off his thinking brain and follow instructions from the mad mullahs, CIA, and Tel Aviv, they took action to prevent him, and his equally head-less chicken followers from lemming-like jumping out of the hole in the back of the chicken lorry to their certain deaths.

It might have excited the neandercons in Washington and Westminster to see the entire Middle-East go up in flames at once, but fortunately for us the Egyptian military put a stop to it. It was a coup for chickens escaping from the coop. Was it a good thing for Blair to unleash the iron grip of Saddam Hussain? Yes, for Al Qaida, but No, for everyone else.

There is a battle of wills following the CIA-Arab Spring as to whether the freedom from dictatorship is utilised to form stable decent government, or let all hell break loose. Ask any Syrian which one is best.

19. Habbabkuk, I don’t think everything is doom and gloom, and the Great Leader’s message about life becoming merrier uplifts me every time I read it!

20. Thanks Herbie for the leaked Timoshenko tapes. Just what the world needs in a time of crisis, a madwoman like that in power.

Ben

I don’t mind mods commenting as long as they are even-handed in the way they administer forfeits, and that has been my experience. After all it must be quite frustrating if you want to join in a topic and can’t. Believe me if you’ve been around this blog long enough you would know how difficult it is to keep good mods. My guess is that from time to time Craig has a hand in moderation. Surely you would not ask him to stop commenting. Would you?

21. Ben

The media inform us that the public is indifferent to being spied on, which in effect what moderation is on this blog.

Being watched and controlled by criteria which are undefined is gross psychological abuse, even if the majority choose to ignore it because they are not trying to take a moral stand against what FedUp used to call the ***-****-wits.

As a Muslim I took evasive action from being spied on by fellow Muslims in the mosque post the war on terror, only to find that UKUSIS governments and Al Qaida were two socks on the same foot!

The stated purpose of the moderation is to keep the blog on topic, the unstated purpose is to make us believe in an intangible tension. The reality is that our moral compass is being twiddled off magnetic north by artificial ambiences of attraction/repulsion .

We can discuss anything and everything but the instincts of our hearts. The reality is that Craig is using moderation to troll his own blog in order to keep a facility for truth-seeking open under a government ***-****-wit regime that absolutely and manically and totally detests the concept of truth.

CM’s opening gambit was to ask if we had noticed the new bars/chicken wire on the windows. They are not his bars/wires.

22. Guano, while a know what you’re saying I can’t agree with you on this topic. In the organ I write for without moderation we would be inundated with advertising bumf of every description, which people do not want. It’s the same on here. You must have noticed people trying to get people further into debt with hare-brained loan schemes. Also people go overboard sometimes, and the language can be as bad as that of Yulia Timoshenko’s. There is, in my eyes, a case for moderation.

23. In fact I would not mind moderating that last comment with all those people in it.

24. John, Hi.

If you know you are being looked at you will do something different to yourself. That means in many cases you will do something wrong instead of doing something truthful.

Lots of drivers overtake slowing drivers and accelerate across the lights on red. So please don’t beep me when I wait 3 seconds after the lights change to green. I change my behaviour to adapt to the reality on the ground.

The traffic slows down to accommodate the illegal hotheads. But in the metaphor, the USUKIS ***-****-wits and their Qaida partners are the illegal hotheads. And I am a legal commentator legally trying to tell the truth on a blog.

25. THAT was proprietary info? What are the protocols? Now you have intrigued me.

26. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 7:00 pm

Clark

Just to stay with you on this one for a little longer.

“No, seriously; this new vaccine may be a very good thing, and I certainly hope it is. There is a possibility it could prove horribly wrong, like thalidomide did. Or it could turn out in due course that corruption between commercial and government concerns played a part in its introduction. I just don’t know these things. You, on the other hand, are obviously playing it up on behalf of your favourites, the Conservative party. But you do not know those things either, or at least I hope you don’t!”
    ______________________

I can only repeat my “you might fall under a bus this week” – possibly but unlikely. Of course I don’t know these things either, but I remain optimistic, on the basis that Thalidomide-like tragedies are rare. Neither am I impressed by your suggestion that corruptiuon may have played a part in getting the vaccination onto the NHS – that sounds rather like an, expression of bad grace than a seriously-held belief.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Attempting to score party-political points on a blog like this seems pretty cheap,..”

________________

With great respect, Clark, you are talking nonsense. For two reasons:

1/. this blog is vaunted as the (?)third mostly widely- read political blog in the UK. Politics in the UK expresses itself mainly through political parties, who espouse various policies. So what is wrong with making a political or even party political point on this blog?

2/. The present govt is frequently castigated for a variety of “offences” on this blog; indeed, one gets the impression that, for the Eminences at least, it can do nothing right. Hence it is not only my pleasure but also my absolute right to highlight cases where the govt has got something right – where, as the Leader would say, the Govt has done the right thing. What is wrong with that?

27. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 7:08 pm

Mr Goss

_________________

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. A seasoned old hand like you shouldn’t panic.

1/. Politicians say all kinds of things. But do they necessarily do them?

2/. Madwoman or not, she is not presently in power.

3/. We must await the outcome of the elections in Ukraine to know whether she WILL be in power at all.

So I advise you to keep calm. If you must panic about something right now, perhaps you could do so about the apparent build-up of Russian troops and matériel on the Russia-Ukraine border?

28. Poor little babes. No wonder many develop needle phobias.

CURRENT CHILDHOOD VACCINATIONS
    2 months – ‘5 in 1’ – diptheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib); pneumococcal (PCV); rotavirus

3 months – 5 in 1 (second dose); meningitis C; rotavirus (second dose)

4 months – 5 in 1 (third dose); PCV (second dose)

12-13 months – Hib/Men C booster; MMR (measles, mumps, rubella); PCV (third dose)

2 and 3 years – annual flu jabS

Around 3 years and 4 months – MMR (second dose); 4 in 1 – diptheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio

Source; NHS Choices

BIG PHARMA doing well.

For clarification,

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) said the vaccine was effective in preventing meningitis B and should be rolled out subject to it being made available by the manufacturer “at a cost effective price”.

Membership
    •Professor Andrew Pollard, Chair (University of Oxford)
    •Professor Judith Breuer (University College Hospital)
    •Dr Peter Elton (Greater Manchester, Lancashire, South Cumbria Strategic Clinical Network)
    •Dr Maggie Wearmouth (East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust)
    •Mr Chris Liffen (lay member)
    •Dr Gabrielle Laing (NHS City & Hackney PCT)
    •Mrs Pauline MacDonald (Dudley Primary Care Trust)
    •Ms Anne McGowan (National Public Health Service for Wales)
    •Dr Andrew Riordan (Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation)
    •Professor Claire-Anne Siegrist (Geneva University Hospital)
    •Professor Matt Keeling (University of Warwick)
    •Dr Peter Baxter (Sheffield Childrens NHS Foundation Trust)
    •Alison Lawrence (lay member)
    •Professor Robert Read (Southampton General Hospital)
    •Professor Anthony Scott (London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine)

There seems to be no record of pecuniary interests, if any. If none, we should know.

29. Habbabkuk, tragedies like thalidomide shouldn’t be compared to personal accidents. It’s a matter of trust in the authorities, so it would make more sense to draw a parallel with the series of train crashes we had some years ago. I lost a friend in the Paddington crash.

I’m sorry you don’t like the mention of corruption, but it does happen sometimes. I’m not in the least suggesting that it is any more likely in this case.

This blog has never been much of a forum for inter-party debate. There are plenty of those, and I don’t think anything would be gained by this becoming just another such. I do hope you appreciate the diversity you find here; I think that could well be lost if political party megaphoning became the norm.

30. @Herbie. Yes, Syria warmongering last year was a particular low for the Beeb. I was too busy with other things in 1987 to notice what happened to the BBC at that time. Wasn’t that an election year? Could you elucidate?

31. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 7:25 pm

Mary cooes:

“Poor little babes. No wonder many develop needle phobias.

CURRENT CHILDHOOD VACCINATIONS
    2 months – ’5 in 1′ – diptheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib); pneumococcal (PCV); rotavirus

3 months – 5 in 1 (second dose); meningitis C; rotavirus (second dose)

4 months – 5 in 1 (third dose); PCV (second dose)

2 and 3 years – annual flu jabS

Source; NHS Choices

BIG PHARMA doing well.”
    _______________________________

If the punch-line of the above is the little sneer at “Big Pharma”, then this post is cheaply foolish even by Mary’s usual standards.

To avoid the “needle phobia” Mary’s mentioned, which of the above vaccinations would she recommend no longer be given?

32. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 7:29 pm

Clark

“I think that could well be lost if political party megaphoning became the norm.”
    __________________

In that case, address yourself to those on the blog who spend a lot of their time slagging off the present Coalition partners, the Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for your reaction to the making available on the NHS of the hepatitis B vaccination, I note in conclusion that it is not one of unqualified approval.

33. That UK Gov site is out of date. PCTs and SHAs went ages ago. We now have clinical commissioning groups – CCGs.

How much did Lansley’s Health and Social Care Act 2012 cost to implement?

Why > £3billion.

34. There is no ‘e’ in coos. It is usually ‘harrumphs’. Pathetic.

35. The new data regarding the plane is said to be Doppler frequency shift analysis. I was actually wondering if they could do that on another forum a few days ago. The answer apparently is they could

36. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 7:40 pm

Mary

“There is no ‘e’ in coos. It is usually ‘harrumphs’. Pathetic.”
    ____________________

Never mind, Mary.

Just answer the question raised by your post : which of those infant vaccinations would you suggest doing without in order to ensure that children don’t develop “needle phobia”?

37. @Ba’al Zevul:

Don’t forget that Ukraine was a member of the laughably called “coalition of the willing”. I bet that went down well with their Eastern neighbour.

38. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 7:43 pm

Mary writes:

“Poor little babes. No wonder many develop needle phobias.

CURRENT CHILDHOOD VACCINATIONS

3 months – 5 in 1 (second dose); meningitis C; rotavirus (second dose)

4 months – 5 in 1 (third dose); PCV (second dose)

2 and 3 years – annual flu jabS

Source; NHS Choices

BIG PHARMA doing well.”
    _______________________________

Habbabkuk asks :

To avoid the “needle phobia” Mary’s mentioned, and to ensure that Big Pharma does less well, which of the above infant vaccinations would she recommend no longer be given?

39. AA; Do you have a background in aviation? I’m surprised you didn’t chime in more on the ‘Disappear..’ thread. :)

40. “Thanks Herbie for the leaked Timoshenko tapes. Just what the world needs in a time of crisis, a madwoman like that in power.”

I have picture in my mind: Clinton, Nuland and Timoshenko sunning themselves on Abromovich’s luxury yacht. I don’t know where on earth this image comes from.

41. AlcAnon/Squonk

Not only can they do it, they can falsify it to make it look like a tragic accident. The dopplegang effect.

42. @Habbabkuk:

BSE happened because of a poor risk assessment.

In this case, the risk does seem to have been suitably minimised, but you’ve always got to keep your eyes on those trying to cut corners to make a fast buck…

43. Guano, you’re disturbing me.

Daniel

“I have picture in my mind: Clinton, Nuland and Timoshenko sunning themselves on Abramovich’s luxury yacht. I don’t know where on earth this image comes from.”

Please. Please. I’m clean. I’ve just had a bath. No more dirty images. That’s grotesque. And I’ve just got this awful picture in my brain of Gulnara Karimova joining them with Tony Blair. Now look what you’ve done.

44. Flight 370 captain is told to fly to Brunei, where he delivers 20 Chinese cryptographers to UKUSIS agents. Pilot then given permission to return to Kuala Lumpur with passengers. Bombs detonate so pilot tries to land at sea in the Malaccan Straits, witnessed by fishermen. Red herrings, tripe in all directions…

UK spy company to the rescue with Doppler calculations for South Indian Ocean. China cannot take over Dollar as World currency because no longer able to defend itself from USUKIS attacks by land and sea. I predicted April 2014 for the currency manoeuvre. Looks like Cameron is whiter than white poodle poo.

45. Strangely Timoshenko’s father’s middle name was Abramovych.

Yulia Tymoshenko’s father Volodymyr Abramovych Hrihyan—who abandoned Lyudmila Telehina and his daughter when Yulia was three years old—was born December 3, 1937, in Dnipropetrovsk and was according to his Soviet passport Latvian. His mother was Maria Yosypivna Hrihyan, born in 1909. His father was Abram Kelmanovych Kapitelman (Ukrainian: Абрам Кельманович Капітельман, born in 1914); after graduating from Dnipropetrovsk State University in 1940 Kapitalman was sent to work in Western Ukraine, where he worked “one academic quarter” as the director of a public Jewish school in the city Sniatyn. In the autumn of 1940 Kapitalman was mobilized into the army, he was killed while taking part in World War II on November 8, 1944, with the rank of “lieutenant communications”.

46. John. I’m disturbing me.

47. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 9:11 pm

Mary

Which vaccinations do you think infants should go without? Would you like polio vaccinations abandoned? Diphteria, perhaps? Or MMR?

Since you think there are too many vaccinations in infancy, it would be logical for you to tell us which of them you feel are superfluous.

48. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 9:14 pm

Mary

“Strangely Timoshenko’s father’s middle name was Abramovych.”
    ____________________

What do you find “strange” about that, Mary? Do tell us!

49. Mary,

Abramovich, simply means son of Abram or Abraham we would say. It’s called a patronymic. You can’t read anything into it. So her father would be Vladimir son of Abram (meaning his father’s Christian name was Abram). The last name is the family name or surname. She does share her surname with Semyon Timoshenko, a famous marshal who was also a friend of Stalin. This might be why the evil fraudstress who wants to nuke Russia has changed the spelling to Tymoshenko. But it is spelt in Russian the same as Timoshenko (which is why I transliterate it correctly). Anyway her husband is not related to Marshal Timoshenko. Thank God said one Russian commentator.

50. John

Her real name is not Tymoshenko.

It’s Julia Hryhyan.

Peacewisher

1987 was the year Thatcher organised the sacking of Alaistair Milne, the last independent DG of the BBC.

Then came the accountants and daleks.

Do a search and you’ll find more on the background.

51. Yes thanks Herbie. I’ve seen the raccoon website before. But that was her maiden name. She’s married to this man and between them they’ve siphoned off trillions from the poor people of the Ukraine. They should both be in prison but he fled. Don’t know whether he took any of the money back with him when she was released.

52. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 10:17 pm

Mr Goss

“Mary,

Abramovich, simply means son of Abram or Abraham we would say. It’s called a patronymic. You can’t read anything into it. So her father would be Vladimir son of Abram (meaning his father’s Christian name was Abram).”
    ________________________

I think Mary’s well aware of that, Mr Goss, and I think you’re well aware of what Mary was getting at. If you aren’t, read further into her cut and paste
    (hint – full name of her grandfather).

53. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 10:25 pm

Mary appears to show great concern for children, eg

“As I have suggested for BLiar, a cell on a cold island with a loop playing of the screams of injured Iraqi children.”

Why then is she suggesting that there should be fewer infant vaccinations? Does she think that not protecting children against illnesses like MMR, polio, TB and diphteria is a price worth paying for getting Big Pharma to “do less well” (her words)?

54. Mary, I was trying to stop you falling into a trap that one of the spidery people who trawl the blog was setting. A decent person would have explained rather than bait.

55. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 10:32 pm

Mr Goss

“Mary, I was trying to stop you falling into a trap that one of the spidery people who trawl the blog was setting.”

What trap was that, John? I don’t think anyone forced Mary to post what she did about Timoshenko’s father, did they? She posted it all by herself.

56. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 10:42 pm

Herbie fell into a kind of name trap as well, didn’t he :

“Her real name is not Tymoshenko.

It’s Julia Hryhyan.”

And Mr Goss made a valiant effort to get Herbie out of it.

You’re a true buddy, John.

57. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

24 Mar, 2014 - 10:44 pm

A valiant effort which included a nice bit of diversion (the “stolen trillions”).

Classic piece of Gossery.

58. Reading Nevermind’s link – Former NSA director Michael Hayden now a Chertoff group partner revealed a sinister methodology in an interview with Spiegel constrained by NSA truth revelations by former NSA contractor, Edward Snowden.

Hayden attempted to extol the American belief that a ‘free’ democratic internet had been undermined by disclosures that only strengthened and sustained Russian and Chinese thrust for cyberspace barriers which I find laughable in the light of proven US Internet surveillance and moves toward ownership entitled ‘information superiority’ in cyberspace.

Hayden admitted using NGO’s to distribute encryption devices(software?) which I interpret as protecting the anonymity of infiltrators, snipers and saboteurs. Hayden admits it is now harder to recruit these proxy agents because of US inability to keep secrets (deception) secret. Hayden was not prepared to apologise for spying on a friendly nation.

Hayden went on to describe spying as a means of determining people’s inner thoughts by what they say in private especially if those thoughts were “inconsistent with the American view of the world.”

Hayden tells us the American President is oblivious to decisions in the White House and the National Security Council. (that figures – Obama is a puppet)

In relation to surveillance of other countries Hayden used a popular Zionist expression, “I can neither confirm nor deny what we do or don’t do.” “No-spy agreements are too difficult even with the British.”

59. If anybody’s to blame for a misunderstanding of who Yulia Timoshenko is it is Anna Raccoon who does not mention she is married. Perhaps the focus should be on her.

60. Resident Dissident

24 Mar, 2014 - 11:01 pm

“This might be why the evil fraudstress who wants to nuke Russia has changed the spelling to Tymoshenko. But it is spelt in Russian the same as Timoshenko”

Might also have something to do with the Ukrainian language – but then you are an expert on all things Ukrainian aren’t you? And when has she ever expressed a desire to nuke Russia – links, sources or an apology please.

61. Resident Dissident

24 Mar, 2014 - 11:06 pm

So Mary has found that Tymoshenko’s grandfather was a director of a Jewish school and died fighting real fascists – so what should we conclude from that Mary? Is that a question you would like to answer when challenged?

62. I’m going to do some work on my book. But before I retire I leave you with a thought.

When the Cold War ended the US created a new enemy with one of the worst false-flag incidents history has ever witnessed when it created a war on terror (Islam). Since the US funded the Maidan criminals that illegally took over the Ukraine parliament, and in the process lost Crimea forever, there has been a shift back towards “cold-war” politics. Hopefully this will take the pressure off Islam which has been a despicable plot on a religion to steal other countries’ resources – mostly oil. Discuss.

63. Resident Dissident

24 Mar, 2014 - 11:12 pm

64. Resident Dissident

24 Mar, 2014 - 11:16 pm

And two little thoughts for John – if the US is as good as creating false flag incidents as he suggests why was it able to magic up some WMDs in Iraq? And doesn’t he think that Mr Putin might not be the one seeking to benefit from a Cold War?

65. RD you’ve got a nerve addressing me after this morning’s outburst.

Herbie posted the link earlier. Unfortunately it’s Russia Today so I guess you won’t give it credibility. But here it is.

66. Mission accomplished in Iraq without any nasty money or Intel tracks.
    WMD location completely unnecessary

67. “Mission accomplished in Iraq without any nasty money or Intel tracks.
    WMD location completely unnecessary”

I got the impression they were proud of the fact there were no WMD, bragging about how they got one over on the rest of the world, seemed to think it made them cleverer than everyone else.

68. John

Apparently she’s admitted on Twatter that it was indeed her.

She’s saying that her threat to bomb the Ukrainian Russians was edited.

That’s hard to believe.

She didn’t deny that she’d like to nuke Russia.

69. John Goss; “one of the spidery people….blackshirts that are crawling this blog” – hmmm. Does anyone here agree with killing anything?

70. I mean, we are all against a nuclear war, right?

71. @Herbie: Thanks for that. Just shows you can’t your eyes off media scrutiny for long – you miss something important. I assume this was after the election.

Thatcher really was a menace, wasn’t she. But even she wouldn’t have bombed Belgrade like Clinton and Blair in 1999. Another question, because, like Craig, I was also mostly absent from watching the news during that bombing era (because I couldn’t bear it…). Why didn’t Russia intervene at that point to protect its former Warsaw Pact ally against an attack that was blatantly against International Law? Or has Putin been patiently waiting for 15 years to redress the balance in some way?

72. Probably at least partly answering my own question with this excellent piece of BBC web journalism in the pre-Hutton days, and probably before No.10 saw an opportunity to editorially influence the website:

73. Peacewisher

“Why didn’t Russia intervene at that point to protect its former Warsaw Pact ally against an attack that was blatantly against International Law?”

Russia had intervened in the period building up to it, but ultimately Russia was weak militarily, financially and had a poor leader.

They seem to be much better off now on all those metrics, especially since they got rid of western bankers.

I wonder could we do the same.

74. Thanks, Herbie. These will indeed be interesting times.

75. Technicolour: Not me mate. After all, I’m one of those “MAD leftists” who don’t even like to see animals exploited for an assumed entitlement to a arbitrary preference of the palate. After all, “might is right” when it comes to exploitation – and most people prove it at every mealtime.

76. @Peacewisher (25 Mar, 2014 – 12:19 am)

Yugoslavia was never a Warsaw Pact member. The Yalta conference between Churchill (whose close confidantes were riddled with Russian agents, Cambridge ring etc.) Roosevelt (whose close confidantes were riddled with Russian agents, Zionists) and Stalin, at which Europe was crudely carved up, Poland physically moved completely westwards, Yugoslavia was divided 75%/25% as simple as that, in terms of influence, neither west nor east asserting overall control, by mutual agreement. Personal ties between Tito and Stalin did bind them closely, but the spirit of the Yalta agreements were respected by the USSR and it never asserted itself there, or incorporated it in the Warsaw Pact. Along with Yugoslavia, Greece too had a similar ambiguous status, 50/50, unlike everywhere else which were placed one side or another of the iron curtain they together built.

It was more or less at this time that Ukraine the modern day former soviet socialist republic was created separately rather than incorporated into Russia proper, of which it was effectively part, a separate state would give the Soviet bloc an additional UN member state, compensating for the British Empire’s multiple seats through its pseudo-autonomous Commonwealth countries, with Britain claiming more seats for ever more colonies and Stalin doing likewise conjuring ever more new SSRs as the conference wore on. The superstructure of the UN, the UNSC, the permanent members and the UNSC veto were all decided during these negotiations.

Poland occupied a great deal of time, Churchill was bitterly upset that Poland was not on the western side, given its torment and its brave allied fight, its pilots huge role in the Battle of Britain and Polish cryptographers early crucial inroads on Enigma, Roosevelt did not consider it important and he and Stalin humiliated and marginalised Churchill, the Polish people themselves were thought torn between the functioning popular Russian backed temporary eastern government which along with Russian forces had helped drive the Germans westwards, and the British supported and still London based government-in-exile; its borders were extremely fluid and were to be altered dramatically at Germany’s expense beyond that agreed, but all knowing probably that Russia would take a corresponding eastern portion of post-Versailles Poland for itself. Poland would still be no nearer resolution by the later Postsdam conference when Truman replaced the dead Roosevelt and Clement Atlee accompanied Churchill. Poland got a far worse deal than some of new Yugoslavia’s component parts, many of which were fanatically pro-Nazi to the end. Churchill could not attain for Poland the same almost afterthought non-aligned status of Greece or even the less advantageous position of Yugoslavia. As Truman by then knew the nuclear bomb tests were successful, and would be informing Stalin of this at conference end, their interest in detailed negotiations, or obtaining the guarantees for Poland Churchill was still inisistent upon, was even less than it had been at Yalta.

77. Utterly disgraceful opportunist piece by Richard Seymour

Christopher Hitchens, Nick Cohen, et al – eat your heart out:

The thread of comments on Medialens here.

78. Resident Dissident

25 Mar, 2014 - 6:55 am

RD you’ve got a nerve addressing me after this morning’s outburst.

79. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

25 Mar, 2014 - 7:04 am

John Goss

“If anybody’s to blame for a misunderstanding of who Yulia Timoshenko is it is Anna Raccoon who does not mention she is married. Perhaps the focus should be on her.”
    ________________________

Can’t let you get away with that, Mr Goss. Mary’s “strange that her father’s name was Abramovich” was culled from Wikipedia, not from Anna Racoon and it was that which I was asking about.

So I repeat my question to Mary (but you can answer in her stead if you wish):

What is so “strange” about someone being called Abramovich?

80. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

25 Mar, 2014 - 7:16 am

Tiny M

“Along with Yugoslavia, Greece too had a similar ambiguous status, 50/50,…”
    ________________

Incorrect. Greece was 90% / 10% ( to balance Romania and Bulgaria)

81. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

25 Mar, 2014 - 7:23 am

“Having a very young child who caught German measles/rubella before the vaccination age because that disease became more prevalent because of the fall off in MMR vaccination rates I would urge any parent to ignore the drivel of those who know very little about the subject.”
    _____________________

I fully agree. And find it shameful that one of the regulars here should advocate fewer vaccinations in infancy in order, it seems, (1) to get in a dig at “Big Pharma” and (2) to avoid expressing approval of the intention of the govt to make the meningitis B vaccination available under the NHS.

This is the same hypocrite who complained about me asking someone whether he was (metaphorically) blind.

82. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

25 Mar, 2014 - 7:46 am

Mary

OK, here’s an offer in order to achieve closure.

If you’re willing to express regret for your posts about “Abramovych” and infant vaccinations, I’ll let those two matters drop.

That’s fair enough, isn’t it?

83. @Mary (25 Mar, 2014 – 6:26 am)

Utterly disgraceful opportunist piece by Richard Seymour

Agree, shocking, just from reading the Medialens commentary, I think I’ll spare myself reading the whole article. Compare Seymour’s (whoever the hell he is) ultranationalist ideas: “Do we have no interest in the politics of nationalist belonging?” with Scottish Independence supporter’s enlightened view: “At the moment, none of the main political actors speak to the widespread interest in an anti-nationalist support for independence. ‘Anti-nationalist’ in the sense that people may vote yes not because they believe in some kind of Scottish manifest destiny but out of a desire to renew a workable democracy amid the systemic dysfunctions of the British state.”

84. “And you have a nerve even posting after saying I supported Svoboda and was a blackshirt. Who do you think you are thinking you can insult people with impunity.”

But that’s where you’re wrong. I never particularly targeted you and I can only assume, as I assumed yesterday, that guild had a part in this assumption. If I did particularly target you as being a blackshirt show me where and I will see if an apology is in order.

85. guild = guilt

86. Ba'al Zevul (Vote For The Pretty Pictures)

25 Mar, 2014 - 8:08 am

Any competent authoritarian will recognise that decriminalisation will result in reduced payment of the license fee, which with its multilayered management and Archaean culture, will help destroy the BBC completely. I will say nothing of Cameron’s(or Gove’s, or Johnson’s) frequent contacts with Rupert Murdoch, still less of Gove’s wife’s handy little sinecure under Dacre…

…as Clark says, “Attempting to score party-political points on a blog like this seems pretty cheap, similar to the support for the Russian military response in Crimea.”

It is cheap, in every sense. But they’re getting desperate.

87. One of the Ukrainian Nazis shot dead by, Russians, Ukrainians or the west. It looks like they were all after Alexander Muzychko.

88. Ba'al Zevul (Vote For The Pretty Pictures)

25 Mar, 2014 - 8:34 am

“Which is EXACTLY why it’s splendid news that the jab will henceforth be offered on the NHS and therefore FREE.

Aren’t you pleased about that?”

Delighted. It fully illustrates the advantage of keeping the NHS out of the hands of private enterprise, especially those enterprises specifically set up to leech taxpayer’s money for the inefficient provision of services (1). Which is why I mentioned it. Your point being?

(1) viz, eg. PFI contractors.

Boosting the economy, of course….Jersey’s economy. Or the Caymans’

Like to comment on Cameron’s commitment to clamp down on tax evasion, buggerlugs?

I bet you wouldn’t.

89. It was Alexander Muzychko who beat up a clerk in a prosecutor’s office in a widely watched video. His Nazi background, fighting alongside the right wing Chechnyans against the Russians marked his personal history in the gallery of rogues.

90. When they get rid of all the Nazis, fascists and blackshirts in the new Ukrainian government there will be nobody left to vote for.

91. Tony M thank you for the link to a very well-researched article on the Ukraine. From the first part I reached the conclusion that the resources, like great topsoil, granite and other minerals in the Ukraine are what the west is after in its aims of World Spectral Domination. Learning about how western powers had co-ordinated their efforts to usurp a previous properly-run election in order to steal these was reminiscent of how Karl Rove got George W. Bush illegally elected. They live lies. It is why I go to Russia Today to get some semblance of truth to mix with the disinformation of our own media.

“When Yushchenko lost the 2004 election to Viktor Yanukovych,several elements worked in concert to create an aura of fraud around the results, and to mobilize popular support for a new run-off. Using the Pora and other youth groups, especially election monitors, in coordination with key western media such as CNN and BBC, a second election was organized that allowed Yushchenko to squeak out a narrow margin of victory in January 2005 and declare himself President. The US State Department reportedly spent some $20 million to secure a US-friendly outcome in the Ukraine Presidency.”

92. Ba'al Zevul (Vote For The Pretty Pictures)

25 Mar, 2014 - 9:49 am

They haven’t said yet what that data is.

It’s bollocks, IMO. Long before Inmarsat “developed” its whizzo new “analysis” of the relatively useless ping data, hugely expensive SAR resources were en route to a constrained region of the Southern Ocean. This (to me) suggests that much better data was already available to confirm that the southern arc was the one followed by the flight,either from undisclosed electronic surveillance (reception of the pings by another satellite would have been sufficient to disambiguate the Inmarsat data) or high-resolution optical sensors. In turn, this indicates input from -probably US – military sources. Inmarsat were obliged to conceal this. IMHO.

93. “Scottish Independence supporter’s enlightened view:”

As soon as they stop shouting “BIAS”, “UNFAIR”, “SCAREMONGERING” long enough to tell anybody what it is.

You wouldn’t have the Scottish government’s deficit forecasts handy would you?

94. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) a!

25 Mar, 2014 - 10:03 am

BeelZeBubble

“Given that the BBC gets a lot of stick on this blog, I was just wondering what commenters thought about the govts’s apparent willingness to consider de-criminalising non-payment of the licence fee?”
    ____________________

Got you there, didn’t I – you’re in the proverbial cleft stick, caught between your dislike for the BBC (which you and your fellow Eminences continually slate) and your inability to admit that the present govt can do anything right. So you seek to divert :)

You need to sharpen up.

95. “What is so “strange” about someone being called Abramovich?”

Strange she wasn’t called “The Annihilator”. Now will you let it drop? There are important issues to be discussed on this blog but certain people are only interested in point-scoring. It lowers the intellect of comments, is distracting, and generally comes from those incapable of having an engaging debate. So mod(s) please watch for this. Eliminate it and the blog will start to attract again the good people who have been staying away. Thanks.

96. Ba'al Zevul (Vote For The Pretty Pictures)

25 Mar, 2014 - 10:07 am

Meanwhile, in Uzbekistan –

Has Gulnara finally fallen from grace?

97. There again, where would the cowpat flies have to breed if you wasn’t here.