COVID-19 in 2022

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum COVID-19 in 2022

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 281 through 284 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    ET

Clark, you have given a better synopsis than I had. It’s been a while since I read them, though I have read them twice.

A report today about Zhang Yongzhen, reputedly first scientist to publish a sequence of the Covid-19 virus in China has been evicted from his lab along with his team. First scientist to publish Covid sequence in China ‘evicted’ from lab

“The move shows how the Chinese government continues to pressure and control scientists, seeking to avoid scrutiny of its handling of the coronavirus outbreak.”

I don’t know how true or not this is but I suspect we’ll see more reports critical of China.

#96464 Reply
    Clark

archive.is is giving me PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR again, so here is what appears to be the original (Associated Press):

Chinese scientist who first published COVID sequence stages protest after being locked out of lab by Dake Kang.

Suggestion: As archives seem to have frequent temporary outages (caused by lack of money in some cases), maybe also cite the original title and source. This would also be more informative than diverse links that all read “archive.is/gobbledegook”.

#97018 Reply
    AG

Because it´s in the news: the EU-Commission has now officially revoked its approval of AstraZeneca´s vaccine.
    However as Germany is concerned the vaccine´s use had already been stopped March 2021 after 12.803.142 doses had been applied.

#97578 Reply
    AG

“EU Commission Plans to Strip Funding From Public Prosecutors Investigating Ursula von der Leyen’s Pfizergate Scandal”

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2024/05/eu-commission-strips-funding-from-european-public-prosecutors-investigating-commission-president-ursula-von-der-leyen-over-pfizergate.html

“Surely just a coincidence!

As regular readers are well aware, EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen is facing a number of legal challenges over the Pfizergate scandal, including from the New York Times, the governments of Hungary and Poland, a Belgian lobbyist and the European Public Prosecutor’s Office, or EPPO. In early April, we discussed the possibility that her reelection campaign may be over-shadowed by these multiple lawsuits as well as other corruption allegations. At that time, the EPPO had just taken over a Belgian criminal probe into the highly opaque vaccine negotiations between von der Leyen and the CEO of Pfizer, Albert Bourla.

Since then, the Commission, it seems, has gone on the offensive. According to an article published earlier this week by POLITICO EU, the EU executive plans to reduce the EPPO’s funding, prompting the EPPO, in a rare move, to threaten to sue the Commission. Founded in 2017 with the mission of “investigating transnational and complex financial crimes, notably serious organised crimes and money laundering flows,” the EPPO last year launched more than 200 fraud investigations related to the EU-wide Recovery and Resilience Facility, which has provided €800 billion of EU cash to help support post-COVID economic recovery.”

Viewing 4 posts - 281 through 284 (of 284 total)
Reply To: COVID-19 in 2022
Your information: