War Criminals on TV

by craig on January 13, 2014 11:15 am in Uncategorized

Seeing Tony Blair speaking at Ariel Sharon’s Funeral – one war criminal eulogising another – was so horrifying it has jolted this blog back out of retirement.  There may be no justice, but there can be truth.

1. Doug Scorgie I would rather you didn’t involve me. I am making a point of non response to the trolls whatever is said by them about me or others. Best ignored.

2. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella!

17 Jan, 2014 - 6:12 pm

@ Mary

“What does the Quartet ME envoy have to say about these?….”

___________________

Please tell us. Include references and sources.

3. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella!

17 Jan, 2014 - 6:17 pm

“I am making a point of non response to the trolls whatever is said by them about me or others. Best ignored.”

_____________

The problem is rather, Mary, that you never respond to anyone.

Example : Uzbek in the UK’s excellent post (including questions)on Mr Snowden.

Or do you consider Uzbek in the UK a troll?

17 Jan, 2014 - 6:33 pm

ESLO
    17 Jan, 2014 – 3:13 pm

You say:
    “It must be a great source of pain to all those involved in seeking to project their hatred of Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher that the 99% just don’t appear to have got the message.”

Firstly, where did the figure 99% come from?

Then from the Independent report:
    “…with most MPs citing decisiveness as a more important characteristic in a leader than intelligence, principles, energy, ruthlessness or honesty.”

Well she was certainly decisive and also ruthless but it says something about our MPs when they put intelligence, principles, energy and honesty as less important qualities. After all Hitler was a decisive leader no?

17 Jan, 2014 - 6:43 pm

ESLO
    17 Jan, 2014 – 4:28 pm
    Habba
    “Quite clearly they think you, I and other dissenters are all one or part of the same collective…”

6. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella!

17 Jan, 2014 - 6:44 pm

@ Scorgie

“After all Hitler was a decisive leader no?”
    ______________

Firstly,is this merely your own “judgment” or – if not – could you please refer to some recognised historians on this point?

Then, how would you compare him to Napoleon, Bismarck and Stalin in terms of decisiveness?

7. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella!

17 Jan, 2014 - 6:46 pm

@ Scorgie

“ESLO what are you (and other dissenters) dissenting about? You should put your views and arguments forward; however you don’t seem to be able or willing to do so.”

_______________

But what we are able and more than willing to do is to expose mindless guff, however Eminent the guffer.

What is your contribution to this blog (in your opinion)?

8. “His punishment should rightfully be arraignment and sentence for his war crimes at The Hague, that life sentence to be spent in a solitary cell on a cold island with a tape on loop of the screams of the little ones having their dressings removed without anaesthetic. On the wall will be projected endless images of the babies born in Fallujah with gross deformities from the dust filled with depleted uranium that their mummies and daddies ingested and inhaled. That should suffice until he meets his Maker.”

Not that I’m a fan of the creep, but that’s just weird.

9. No doubt Mary would extend her punishment to anyone who supported the Iraq War, and perhaps anyone who didn’t oppose it. It all starts to look a bit 1984-ish!

I would be glad if you could clear this up. Cheers.

10. “There are, though, more ways of skinning a computerised cat than you can probably imagine, and blocking IP’s is only one option. DNS clients *can* be blocked.”

How?

And who needs DNS anyway.

11. Anon Troll Buster

“All I can see ESLO did was contest Guano’s view that “those promoting the quenelle were anti Semites rather than anti Zionists” ”

What planet do trolls live on?

12. Now that we see how quickly the trolls twist everything round, misquote, falsify and block out truth and truthseeking opinion, I think I will stop using this particular public urinal until some kind of moderation is on.

13. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella!

17 Jan, 2014 - 9:18 pm

“I think I will stop using this particular public urinal until some kind of moderation is on.”
    ___________

Public urinal says guano.

(Nominative) pots and kettles?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

14. Dreoilin wrote:

I didn’t know about AlcAnon’s blog either.

A note to anyone previously in email contact with me:

I have switched to a Mac. And although I had saved my address book from the other laptop, and even printed it out, I’ve now lost all my email addresses. So email me – I can’t email anyone!

Where’s the NSA/GCHQ when you need them for backups :-)

You are of course welcome at Squonk!

15. Resident Dissident

17 Jan, 2014 - 11:24 pm

Doug Scourge

“ESLO there is no anti-Semitism on this site.”

So you don’t think praising the quenelle and its promoters amounts to anti-Semitism? Or do you really think that Guano is a Zionist troll? I think you will find that ESLO was trying to inform everyone – but only Nevermind joined in the criticism. And of course Daniel Rich and John Goss have both provided links to openly anti-Semitic websites in the past (and no I will not provide links to readvertise their dirty work).

“ESLO if you disagree with a posters position discuss it and put forward a counter-position using logical argument.”

Perhaps ESLO just assumed that there was a consensus among most people here that torture was not acceptable whoever the person – and that to put forward a counter-position supported by a logical argument to those arguing otherwise would be facile in the extreme. But please feel to support Mary’s view that torture of selected individuals is acceptable with the over powering force of your logic. Might I suggest you do this as a priority before venturing forth with posts on other subjects, as I am in sore need of a good laugh.

16. @ Komodo,

The internet started out crisp, clear and clean, but developed just like nature did; it has its very own ticks, lice and other pests. Monikers might change, the language never does.

Freedom [well, as we dream it should be] cannot have its wings clipped, for its final destination then, like that of Icarus before it, will be oblivion.

War criminals walk freely among us. That thought should send shivers down every right-minded person’s spine.

17. Resident Dissident

17 Jan, 2014 - 11:31 pm

Guano

Interesting to see that you view this blog as a public urinal – it certainly explains your outburst in support of the quenelle and its promoters.

18. Resident Dissident

17 Jan, 2014 - 11:35 pm

@DR
    War criminals walk freely among us.

Yes – together with those who act as apologists for them and their predecessors

19. Resident Dissident

17 Jan, 2014 - 11:47 pm

“The internet started out crisp, clear and clean, but developed just like nature did;”

I was reading somewhere recently how one of the impacts of the introduction of the printing press and the subsequent boom in cheaper literature was that initially instead of allowing a true cross fertilisation of ideas and the knowledge that the initial effect was often the opposite and that it encouraged greater sectarianism and intolerance. All the various sects were able to develop a more detailed and voluminous literature that supported their views and allowed them to sustain their thinking in their own closed cells. Much the same phenomenom can now be seen on the internet – and todays exchanges on not upsetting the prevailing views of the local soviet would certainly support further evidence.

BTW Did anyone read any good books as instructed by Jon when the blog was down.

PS I trust Craig is well and recovering from his medical travails – a friend saw him at Nottingham University recently and commented that he had lost a lot of weight.

20. Resident Dissident

18 Jan, 2014 - 12:02 am

What does the Quartet ME envoy have to say about these?

Well Mary if you bothered to look at his website then you might find out. While he understandably may not wish to give a running commentary on very injustice carried out in Israel or Palestine – I think if you look at what he is saying on Gaza there is a lot that even Mary would not disagree with:

And perhaps Blair’s approach achieves rather more in concrete terms than the approach being adopted by Mary et al.

21. “Where’s the NSA/GCHQ when you need them for backups :-)

Indeed! I could have used them over Christmas …

“You are of course welcome at Squonk!”

Thanks AlcAnon. I’ll pop in whenever I can. I like this Mac, but so far I seem to spend a lot of time looking for things that I used to be very familiar with (in Windoze). It’ll take me a wee while to become au fait with its little idiosyncrasies.

As for the rest of the comments, I see that very little (if anything) has changed. I thought that the way the blog was, comments-wise, before it went silent, would have brought people up short. But no. Still poking each other with sticks.

22. Uzbek in the UK, 17 Jan 1:49 pm: I think that Snowden being in Russia is probably a result of the great power both of the US and Russia. He can’t be in the US, and the US has prevented him from traveling to most other places, and withdrawn his passport.

Obviously Russia want him for now, because his leaks work against US power. But what of the US? Has the US got it wrong by removing Snowden’s other options, or did they calculate that it would be best for Russia to have him, and if so, why?

23. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden#Temporary_asylum_in_Russia

“Wikileaks’ representative Sarah Harrison, who accompanied Snowden from Hong Kong to Moscow, [...] wrote “I…negotiated [Snowden's] safe exit from Hong Kong to take up his legal right to seek asylum. I was travelling with him on our way to Latin America when the United States revoked his passport, stranding him in Russia.”[261] Journalist Glenn Greenwald commented on Snowden’s Russian asylum: “[Snowden] didn’t choose to be there. He was trying to get transit to Latin America, and then the US revoked his passport and threatened other countries out of offering Snowden safe passage.”[262]“

18 Jan, 2014 - 8:00 am

ESLO
    17 Jan, 2014 – 4:50 pm

You say that some posters here are:
    “…arguing that anti-Semitism no longer exists/seeking to define it away….”

Not true is it or can you back that up with examples and explain your reasoning?

25. For God’s sake ban him, someone . . . as well as his alter egos . . .

18 Jan, 2014 - 8:12 am

ESLO
    17 Jan, 2014 – 5:13 pm

“Doug I can clearly remember Habba making such a comment…”

ESLO please don’t interrupt. Let Habbabkuk answer for himself.

18 Jan, 2014 - 8:22 am

Habbabkuk (La vita è bella!

17 Jan, 2014 – 6:08 pm

Habbabkuk will you stop answering on behalf of ESLO

28. ‘Trolling is an Internet slang term used to describe any Internet user behavior that is meant to intentionally anger or frustrate someone else. It is often associated with online discussions where users are subjected to offensive or superfluous posts and messages in order to provoke a response.

All your carefully picked arguments can easily be ignored.
    Anything you say can and will be used against you.
    Anything you say can be turned into something else – fixed.
    Do not argue with trolls – it means that they win.
    The harder you try the harder you will fail.’

Therefore do not correspond with them.

29. Anon asks:

“Herbie. I finished your video posted last night and, despite my initial scepticism, the rather simplistic editing reminiscent of The Power of Nightmares, and the doom music, it seemed to me to be greatly advocating capitalism, something which you are not very fond of, if I recall correctly?

I would be glad if you could clear this up. Cheers.”

You’re correct that I’m not very fond of Capitalism. You’re incorrect that the film greatly advocates Capitalism.

I think the film is much more concerned with outcomes for humanity and our habitat, and our capacity to retain any semblance of the humanity we need for survival. It seems that we still have that on a personal level but have created a system which is destructive of it at political, corporate and bureaucreatic level, and maybe that needs to be addressed.

Happy to tease these issues out if you like. They do press into full relief some of the rather more superficial disputes peeps often have.

30. Welcome back Craig. Let’s hope for joy.

Emotions are high here it seems and at least we should remain pivotal.
    Craig’s post spoke of war criminality being ignored, thus fermenting anguish amongst those that seek truth and righteousness expressed in the post.

We must forge on. Iideas any one?

@ R D

Good idea David Copperfield was a wonderfully engaging read.

Have you ideas for a Global Civil Society.?

31. Mary is right – Troll moderation is ON. Troll contribution is OFF on my computer. Spambot appearance means their Zionist bosses are not happy that commonsense and truth have prevailed again.

32. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella!

18 Jan, 2014 - 10:08 am

@ Resident Dissident

I just wanted to thank you for providing that link re. the thinking of the Quartet ME envoy.

It is good that one can rely on you and some others to provide the information which should of course have been supplied by the original poster (Mary in this case.

I think it is important that individuals plug away in the appropriate manner – undeterred by accusations of being a troll and appeals for banning or other forms of censorship – to expose half-truths and innuendo, not to mention downright mendacity and to call the purveyors of such to account as often as necessary. This is what I should call true “entering into the spirit of the discussion”.

33. Resident Dissident

18 Jan, 2014 - 10:15 am

Mary

Without wanting to feed you might I suggest you kindly look at how many boxes you tick when it comes to troll behaviour. Your engagement with anyones arguments is to say the least minimal.

34. An American Zionist view:

“Our enemy is Hamas-Fatah. As described recently by an Arab essayist writing on the Palestinian Authority (PA) news site, these two organizations represent the two halves of the Arab War against Israel. Hamas is the religious half. Fatah (PLO) is the secular half.”

“Right now, Hamas and Fatah are not friends. But they recognize that they want the same goal—to destroy Israel. So they talk (yet again) about reconciliation.”

“Fatah is also concerned about corruption. Corruption is rampant in the Palestinian Authority. They admit having trouble controlling it.”

“Can Israel sign a peace with corrupt people? Would you buy a used car from a corrupt dealer?”

Same author:
    “In Israel, the media promote peace… The US comes to Israel and promotes peace talks… Israel’s Jewish leaders want to give peace a chance.”

“But in PA news, there is no talk of peace. Instead, the talk is of an illegitimate PLO/Hamas maintaining a strangle-hold on the ‘Palestinian people’. This strangle-hold throttles Palestinian national rights and self-determination.”

Chutzpa or not?
    Please discuss.

35. Resident Dissident
    17 Jan, 2014 – 11:24 pm
    “So you don’t think praising the quenelle and its promoters amounts to anti-Semitism?”

Who says it’s anti-Semitic? What I’ve read of the reports is that the people using it claim it is anti-Zionist and anti-establishment. I could be wrong please furnish me with your take on the issue.

36. Resident Dissident

18 Jan, 2014 - 11:11 am

Scorgie

Hardly the model anti-Zionist. Do keep up.

37. Resident Dissident

18 Jan, 2014 - 11:18 am

Scorgie

The BNP also claim to be anti-establishment and anti-zioniost – is that sufficient for you to ignore their other beliefs?

38. MerkinOnParis

18 Jan, 2014 - 3:17 pm

‘Merkin on Paris

And delighted to see you back too. Someone told me you had shuffled off this mortal coil. Delighted it’s not true!’
    Thanks, Craig.

39. Most people howling about antisemitism aren’t even Semites themselves. Oh, and hating Palestinians is antisemitism as well. Keep up the good work.

40. Resident Dissident

19 Jan, 2014 - 10:36 am

Most people howling about antisemitism aren’t even Semites themselves.

So what? Perhaps if there had been a few more of us around in Germany in the 1930s and 40s then the “holocaust” may not have happened. Have you heard of Pastor Niermoller

Oh, and hating Palestinians is antisemitism as well. I appreciate that Arabs and some Jews are Semitic people = but when it comes tto common usage (and dictionary definitions) – anti-Semitism has for a long time been taken as referring to irrational hatred of the Jews and anti-Arabism referring to Arabs. Whatever the definition – and this is only semantics hating Palestinians (or any particular ethnic group or nationality is wrong. I resent the inference that that I hate Palestinians – putting one group over another is racism/bigotry. which is of course what you are practicising as amply demonstrated on the next thread.

PS I don’t howl – don’t assume that we all have a lupine side.

41. Sami Michael: ‘Israel – Most racist state in the industrialized world’

Won’t come as a surprise to the enlightened, nor of course intellectual Jews worldwide and in Israel itself who are coming to similar conclusions, with the Holocaust and anti-semitism shamefully used by scoundrels to distract attention from today’s realities on the ground.

42. A post on Medialens from an Australian contributor on the Australian Foreign Minister’s visit to Israel for the Sharon funeral.

In bed with Sharon..now Australia’s preferred location
    Posted by David macilwain on January 19, 2014, 12:09 pm

Almost as if to one-up Julia Gillard, who famously was pronounced Israel’s greatest friend when she visited following the Gaza massacre, and worked hard to establish unbreakable links with the Zionist regime, Julie Bishop thought it appropriate to make her first visit to Israel in her capacity as Australia’s foreign minister last week, so that she could attend the funeral of that long dead symbol of Israel’s brutality, Ariel Sharon – and stand alongside Joe Biden and Tony Blair.

Most alarmingly, I didn’t get to know about this outrage until yesterday following an article by the former Archbishop of Canberra:

“Bishop’s troubling stance” on settlements was this:

“I would like to see which international law has declared [Israeli settlements] illegal,” Foreign Minister Julie Bishop said last Tuesday.

The archbishop explains… ‘The 4th Geneva COnvention’… the International Court of Justice… and so on.

So how was it that on the day of the funeral, ABC reporter for Israel, Matt Brown, had a report all about Sharon’s funeral, and the fine things said by Biden and Tony Blair, without mentioning that Australia’s own Foreign Minister was present?

Doesn’t this seem a little odd? Or does it seem quite normal?

An article in the Guardian included lots of detail about Bishop’s visit, and baggage about the Dubai passports affair and Prisoner X -all of which has its own special problems in terms of Australian collusion and cooperation with Mossad in both affairs.

~~~~

Enough said.

43. @Ironwand: A prostitute at the funeral of Ariel Sharon. http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeB2ismCMAEqMZ0.jpg:large

44. Resident Dissident

19 Jan, 2014 - 8:25 pm

” A prostitute at the funeral of Ariel Sharon. ”

Classy!

45. Unbelievable. The BBC uphold the complaint but do not find that the puff piece for Israeli settlements was biased. This took nearly a year.

BBC takes 11 months to remove lie by Israeli settler
    Amena Saleem 12/17/2013

The BBC has upheld a complaint by the Palestine Solidarity Campaign and other activists that an online feature focusing on the lives of Israeli settlers in the occupied West Bank breached its guidelines on accuracy.

However, despite the fact that the article only gives the perspective of settlers and not the Palestinians whose land they’re living on, the BBC Trust decided it was not biased. A complaint by two activists that the article breached the BBC’s guidelines on impartiality was not upheld.

46. Clark,

Just as George Galloway is asking some pertinent questions on the Duggan affair/killing, to wit:-

“The Crown Prosecution service today announced that the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester is to be prosecuted for safety breaches after an unarmed man was shot dead in Cheshire.

Galloway questions:

Ordinary Written question to: Home Office for answer on 20 Jan 2014 12:00 AM
    To ask the Home Secretary what steps have been taken to identify and discipline those Metropolitan Police officers and members of the Independent Police Complaints Commission who claimed immediately after his death that Mark Duggan had exchanged gunfire with officers.”

It will be a long shot to get justice domestically – just as much as it will be a longer shot to get justice internationally in the ICC to redress the evident abuses inflicted against Iraqis (i.e. “the lesser breed”) by UK troops.

47. Spot on there Courtenay. Good to see you back.

48. Met did not review ‘hard stop’ tactic. Referring to the shooting of Mark Duggan which was another extra judicial killing.

49. The link
    Met police admits failing to review Duggan stop tactic

20 Jan, 2014 - 1:10 pm

Resident Dissident
    19 Jan, 2014 – 10:36 am

“I resent the inference that I hate Palestinians – putting one group over another is racism/bigotry.”

Why are the Zionist Jews (and I assume you are one) supporting the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians to make way for Jews if they are not racist?

If you support the ethnic cleansing and theft of land from Palestinians, you too are racist. Perhaps you’re in denial.

The term anti-Semitism is used by Zionists in a way that implies that anti-Jewish racism is somehow worse than racism against other groups. Racism is racism; the Jews are not different from any other group. There is nothing exceptional about them that they need their own special term to describe racism against them as opposed to racism against others.

Anti-Semitism was an invented term:

“The term anti-Semitism was coined in 1879 by the German agitator Wilhelm Marr to designate the anti-Jewish campaigns underway in central Europe at that time. Although this term now has wide currency, it is a misnomer, since it implies a discrimination against all Semites. Arabs and other peoples are also Semites, and yet they are not the targets of anti-Semitism as it is usually understood. The term is especially inappropriate as a label for the anti-Jewish prejudices, statements, or actions of Arabs or other Semites.”

51. Resident Dissident

20 Jan, 2014 - 10:46 pm

Doug Scorgie

I am not Jewish

I do support the continued existence of a state of Israel – but I also support the existence of a viable Palestinian state. Both sides will have to compromise to achieve this. Yes a single state where both lived side by side and with respect for each others human rights and national and religious differences withered away might be a more ideal solution – but I live in the real world and it is not going to happen anywhere in the near future. And a dual state solution with some mutual respect and recognition is more likely to be a stepping stone to that ideal than the current state of affairs.

Both sides commit atrocities on each other – and trying to say one or other is better or worse is a pretty pointless exercise, usually aimed at justifying continued abuses by either side.

Anti-Semitism may well be an invented term and not ethnically correct- but I am using the term as it is generally understood. Targetting people because they are Jewish is not appropriate. I’ve answered all your questions – now please answer mine, rather than seeking to defend someone who is clearly an anti- semite (in the generally understood meaning of the word).

52. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella!

20 Jan, 2014 - 11:26 pm

Scorgie

re your quibbling about the meaning of anti-semitism

Quite a while ago I suggested that you should invest in a good dictionary; I believe I recommended the Oxford Shorter English Dictionary in two volumes.

Have you done so yet?

53. The Israel lobby are at work again. They complain about -

1. A cartoon in the Economist. Why? It is anti-Semitic.

2. A representative of the Hungarian right wing Jobbik party visiting London. Why? Jobbik are anti-Semitic.

54. Ariel Sharon – War Is Peace
    Posted by The Medialens editors on January 22, 2014

55. Perhaps others should consider whether the activities of Jobbik constitute anti-Semitism or unacceptable behaviour

As a rule I tend to be a little suspicious of party leaders who turn up in Parliament in a “blackshirt” uniform. Mary is obviously more relaxed on such matters.

22 Jan, 2014 - 3:26 pm

Resident Dissident
    20 Jan, 2014 – 10:46 pm

“I am not Jewish”

ResDis I refer to your earlier posting (10:36am 19 Jan
    “…Perhaps if there had been a few more of us around in Germany in the 1930s and 40s then the holocaust may not have happened.”

You say:
    “Not all Jewish Zionists support ethnic cleansing of Palestinians (read Haaretz for example)”

I beg to differ (and I do read Haaretz). All Zionists; Jewish, Christian, Atheist and others support the creation and development of a Jewish state; a state for Jews run by Jews for the benefit of Jews. This ethnocentrism is by its very nature racist by putting one ethnic group over another in Israel.

All Zionists want a Jewish state but they cannot have a Jewish state unless the “democratic” structures in place guarantee a Jewish government every time; a situation that exists at present in Israel; in other words democracy for Jews.

The demographics today of Israel (20% Arab) means that there is a built-in monopoly of Jewish political parties; it is impossible for an Israeli Arab party to form a government (it would never be allowed anyway).

However there is a problem the Zionists fear: the population increase among non-Jews. This threatens the “Jewish nature” of Israel so ethnic cleansing continues in places like East Jerusalem and the Negev and is the basis of the West Bank “land swap” idea.

Palestinian towns and communities in parts of today’s Israel will be swapped for Jewish settlements in the West Bank; something called static transfer.

The Negev being home to the Bedouins, a Semitic people as you will know who are being moved off their ancestral lands to make way for Jews (is this anti-Semitism?).

You say:

I agree that Israel exists and it’s not going to go away; even Arafat recognised the state of Israel but he did not recognise it as a Jewish state.

Israel should never be recognised as a Jewish state because that is based on ethnic exceptionalism (not nice).

I suggest you only support the existence of a Palestinian state if it means getting rid of the Arabs from Israel so Israel can maintain its Jewish identity; but as things are now it is impossible for a viable Palestinian state to exist. Look at the maps.

Also:
    I don’t defend Dieudonné and his supporters who use the quenelle I only question whether the salute was originally developed as an anti-Jewish gesture.

Apparently the name quenelle comes from an elongated fish meatballs dish, which is said to look like a suppository. It is supposed to be similar to the finger gesture “up yours”. The arm outstretched refers to the length of the arm going up one’s bottom.

However, because of the knee-jerk reaction from Zionists in France the quenelle has gone viral on the internet and has led to the gesture being taken up and used by far-right racist groups performing the salute outside synagogues and Jewish memorials.

This is just what hard-line Zionists want to justify a Jewish state in Israel to protect Jews from racism. The more anti-Jewish racism around the world the better for the Zionist project.

Thanks for your engagement on the issue.

57. RD says: “I do support the continued existence of a state of Israel – but I also support the existence of a viable Palestinian state.”

Try making a state from this -

This map, which brilliantly illustrates the existential position of Palestinians living in the West Bank, is from the blog Strange Maps. It’s created by Julien Busac, who says:

“Maybe posting the full map would help to take it for what it is, i.e. an illustration of the West Bank’s ongoing fragmentation based on the (originally temporary) A/B/C zoning which came out of the Oslo process, still valid until now. To make things clear, areas ‘under water’ strictly reflect C zones, plus the East Jerusalem area, i.e. areas that have officially remained under full Israeli control and occupation following the Agreements. These include all Israeli settlements and outposts as well as Palestinian populated areas.”

If Obama wants to help solve the Palestine question–and he must do so if he ever wants the US to do any good in the Middle East–then he must recover all that “drowned” Palestinian territory. Only then can the two-state solution that the US claims it wants be realized.

PS Israel is not a state as it knows no law and has no borders.

58. A tale of woe from our man in Tel Aviv. Quel dommage! The boycott is working.

British envoy warns Israel of isolation over settlements
    Wed Jan 22, 2014
    The British ambassador in Tel Aviv has warned the Israeli regime it faces growing isolation over its settlement expansion policy in the occupied Palestinian territories.

“I am concerned that in five years Israel will wake up and find that it does not have enough friends,” said the UK envoy Matthew Gould.

“Attitudes are shifting, Israel is losing support. I look at the British parliament, look at the media – there is a change. It’s not a tsunami. It happens slowly and it happens over time but if you don’t spot it before it’s too late then it’s very hard to repair,” added Gould, who is Britain’s first Jewish ambassador in Tel Aviv.

His comments come as reports suggest that Israeli banks are increasingly coming under pressure from European pension funds to cut their ties to settlement activities in the occupied West Bank.

Gould referred to the recent controversy over new EU regulations, which demand ending support to Israeli projects located in settlements. The new rules result in Israel being excluded from the EU Horizon 2020 scientific program, he said.

“We were days away from putting in a big rift between British or European science and Israeli science,” Gould admitted.

59. Good on this young man. He has guts.

The website that inspired his actions, George Monbiot’s Arrest Blair website, has now awarded him a quarter of their funds, a total of £2222. Mr Monbiot explained he satisfied their conditions as not only attempted the citizen’s arrest but attracted the attention of the media.

One day Bliar. One day!

60. A new one from Heathcote on IT today……

61. MPs have just spent two hours on the Holocaust Memorial Day debate.

It was mostly anecdotal about various visits and the speakers’ own Jewish family history. Some were very long winded.

Very few MPs were in the chamber when I watched. A dozen or so perhaps.

Alistair Burt has an EMD. Again not much interest. He only has 91 signatures. There are 650 MPs.

62. I used to support a two state solution for Israel/Palestine but over the years it became obvious that Israel had no intention of agreeing to a viable Palestinian state.

The Zionist project was always to expand to create the “Greater Israel” by land theft.

Now Fatah may be giving up on the idea:

“Mohamed Shtayyeh, a member of Fatah’s Executive Committee, has predicted that the on-going Palestinian-Israeli peace talks being brokered by the US will fail and instead the Palestinian Authority (PA) is going to adopt a one-state solution. “

“The current round of the negotiations ends on 29 April and Shtayyeh confirmed that there will not be an extension of the talks, not even for one day. ”This round will end with failure and then we will say farewell to the two-state solution,”

A single democratic state for all its citizens, equal under the law, just how it should be.

63. The link I gave above for the Holocaust Memorial Day debate was for last year’s!

This is the link to yesterday’s

Yards of it especially from the mover, the ex FCO Minister for the Middle East and North Africa and CFoI, Alistair Burt. Even concluded with a tragic poem.

64. Kempe
    20 Jan, 2014 – 5:58 pm

“There wouldn’t appear to be any grounds for a citizens arrest on Tony Blair and any attempt to detain him or drag him off to the local nick would seem to invite charges of assault, false imprisonment and kidnap.”

Kempe, don’t believe everything you read in the press; the Guardian article is incomplete.

The Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 section 24A.

“Where an indictable offence HAS BEEN COMMITTED (ie past tense), a person other than a constable may arrest without a warrant –
    Anyone whom he has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be guilty of it”

So indictable offences (ie War crimes) have been committed and anyone has reasonable grounds for suspecting Tony Blair of being guilty of them.

65. Why try and arrest him at all, after all he is a proponent of summary justice and has heaped it upon many innocent others in Iraq and elsewhere from a distance, never putting his own puny body at risk.

Should those who have the chance take it there and then? Can summary justice be justified if ordinary, socalled justful means are long winded, exhausting, expensive and ultimately lead to absolution and forgiveness for these crimes against humanity?