Andy Myles

by craig on March 26, 2014 11:18 am in Uncategorized

One of my oldest and dearest friends has gone public on his support for Scottish Independence. I am greatly cheered by this. More thoughts later.

1,377 Comments

1 4 5 6 7 8 14

1. Macky, don’t be a dick. Craig said, “In fact of course Russia was right over Kosovo, and thus is wrong over Crimea.” Gysi would agree. Now, I’m not asking you for an explanation because you failed so dismally to explain anything last time, but I want to know, from somebody who can do more than just piss randomly on other commenters,

– Does this mean the ICJ was wrong about Kosovo when it said in its July 22, 2010 advisory opinion “No general prohibition may be inferred from the practice of the Security Council with regard to declarations of independence,” and “General international law contains no prohibition on declarations of independence,”

– Or, does this mean the ICJ was recognizing precedents that actually changed the law, as Gysi implies?

2. Peacewisher

2 Apr, 2014 - 1:24 am

Not in my area, Technicolour… and I don’t want to have to spoil my vote. I started off “anti-Europe” was then persuaded to thinking it was a good thing, both in terms of encouraging peace and economically. The first of these was dashed in 1991-2 over Yugoslavia, but I thought Europe made economic sense until the banking crash, and a slow and reluctant acceptance that unelected European bureaucrats were partly responsible. Last time I voted Libdem because I was still giving Vince Cable the benefit of the doubt. Never again!

3. Peacewisher 2 Apr, 2014 – 1:24 am
    “…and I don’t want to have to spoil my vote.”

Why not?

Pretending you have a choice where there is none just prolongs the delusion. Don’t vote, do something useful instead.

4. Not that ‘fair’ Herbie from my own experience; our friends across the pond hold a sure enough sense of community. That accommodation and sense of association has lead to an ‘out to lunch’ mentality on all things non-American unless experienced directly when an amazing eagerness and spirit to engage hits pay dirt.

I agree that conditioning and brain-washing play some part on conscious development although that is universal and is outweighed by fear of vulnerability, isolation and detachment together with a growing fear of the state. We witnessed the ‘Occupy’ movement in America ‘taken down’ in a brutal way by authorities in Emergency management mode now an addendum to Homeland Security doctrine after the attack on America in 2001.

Being lied to by government is taken as ‘normal’ in America – “Its what our governments[administration] do,” said an American work colleague, “they cover all bases to insulate our lives.”

So sad..

5. Peacewisher

2 Apr, 2014 - 1:49 am

The “don’t vote” movement need to think it through. Are you one of them, Phil? You should know what happens to people who don’t speak up about injustice. If you have thought this through, what would you expect to replace democracy with when you’ve achieved your goal?

(apologies if you were just being facetious :) )

6. Peacewisher 2 Apr, 2014 – 1:49 am
    “Democracy is in trouble because an increasing number of people aren’t engaging with it.”

No, we are in trouble because people think that voting once every few years for one of several variations of the same party (the big business party) is democracy.

“it will become a dictatorship, and there’s no point then in crying”

People not voting will not make a dictatorship. People not engaging in politics in a meaningful way might.

“The “don’t vote” movement need to think it through.”

We do. Have done for yonks.

“what would you expect to replace democracy?”

As discussed, we currently have no real political choices. I would like, by radical decentralisation, a more democratic democracy.

7. Peacewisher, it’s been thought through, quite conclusively, http://fubarandgrill.org/node/1172

You’re making the common mistake of forgetting that there’s more to civil society than electoral politics – especially when electoral politics is rigged to undermine the democratic standards of ICCPR Article 25 clause b by failing to guarantee the free expression of the will of the electors.

If you walk into a restaurant and the unctuous waiter hands you a heavy menu with two items, the Shit Sandwich and the Deluxe Shit Sandwich, are you going to tuck in your napkin and eat? Of course not.

8. Peacewisher, you might find this short article interesting: Are You An Anarchist? The Answer May Surprise You!

9. For anyone who has been noticing the push for genetically modified organisms, here is the latest roundup of news items from GM Watch.

I see the weed killer Roundup on supermarket shelves and also glyphosate products. Do the purchasers have any idea of the dangers contained within those brightly coloured packages which are heavily advertised?

See these items on the link.

Brazil’s public prosecutor wants to ban glyphosate 26 March 2014

How “extreme levels” of Roundup in food became the industry norm 26 March 2014

Public consultation on re-approval of glyphosate – please comment 24 March 2014

Glyphosate in animals and humans – new study

10. Technicolour, when I outed RD as a sock-puppeteer both he and ESLO (the two puppets) were slinging the same @Goss tag at me because they were incapable of addressing the argument. I have seen it time and again. When that tag is used I discovered the puppeteer is mad at me, largely because the argument cannot be dismantled, as with the Boeing 777 disappearance. The puppeteer never read the article but chose to argue against it anyway. It is not so much me that casually insults the puppeteer than the other way around.

11. Ba'al Zevul (I Am The Egg Man)

2 Apr, 2014 - 8:31 am

“What is the technical term, in the world of blogging, for someone who posts as two separate people conducting an animated exchange with one another?”

An Anonocuk?

What brought that on, buggerlugs? You don’t think Sofia and I are the same person, do you?

LOL. You’re crazier than I supposed. and, let there be no doubt, that’s crazy crazy.

12. There was a big media push yesterday heralding the arrival of the new chief executive of NHS England, Simon Stevens who replaces the abysmal Nicholson. *

New NHS chief angers unions with praise for private sector innovation
    1 Apr 2014:
    Unite says Simon Stevens’s comments demonstrate his and government’s shared agenda to draw in private providers

~~

The Department of Health list 28 personnel in their Press and Media departments. Many more not listed probably plus likelihood of outside PR agencies being employed. The state broadcaster is adept at giving the message too. Much knocking copy of late if you have noticed.

~~

* http://www.england.nhs.uk/about/whos-who/

13. Herbie

Thanks for the Libya link.It opens the eyes and fills them full of tears.
    The scale of the subterfuge and amounts that were stolen are unfathomable.
    Western civilisation eh ?

14. 98% certain that the next Bilderberg meeting of Satanists, global dominators and dominatrixes will take place at the Marriott Hotel Copenhagen, where means of manipulating the rest of society will be discussed.

15. Yet another report here which confirms what most of us already knew.

Bedroom Tax Causing ‘Hardship And Distress’
    Disabled people, carers and the homeless are suffering because of benefit reforms implemented by the Government, a report says.http://news.sky.com/story/1235589/bedroom-tax-causing-hardship-and-distress

So what is the coalition’s response? Nil.

16. Ba'al Zevul (I Am The Egg Man)

2 Apr, 2014 - 9:08 am

“Democracy is in trouble because an increasing number of people aren’t engaging with it. If the people decide not to engage, for whatever reason, it will become a dictatorship, and there’s no point then in crying because your voice isn’t being heard.”

While I agree heartily that not voting simply invites worse excesses (our wannabe leaders will fully appreciate that it’s due to disillusion, but continue to assert that it isn’t – from a position of enhanced assumed authority), I’ll take issue with that statement. Democracy is in trouble because it all too visibly isn’t democracy.

“If voting changed anything, they’d make it illegal” has, over the last three or four decades, become hard fact. “The Market” determines what happens and does not happen in this country. We don’t. End of. The situation has been made very much worse by the increasing prominence of speculation in The Market, and The Market’s insistence that our real earnings are transferred by financial magic into deeper, usually offshore, pockets.

What we see now is what The Market terms a “growth” economy – one in which rampant inflation, rather than production of anything useful is necessary to assure corporate profits, with the inflation (boo) being intentionally buried in (eg) property price rises (hooray). All parties agree that this is good for us, since the only option is to tear the system apart and build one which is based on a wider consensus than that of Hayekian economists. And that would be difficult, and lead to a lot of short-term pain: politicians think only as far ahead as the next election.

I’d suggest, as I have done before, that we stop buying stuff we don’t need, and in particular, imaginary stuff, like financial products. If we are in the happy position of being investors, invest only in specific productive enterprises, rather than hedge funds….etc. Contradict the assumption that wasteful and inefficient consumerism is in any way good for our personal or our public economy, at all points of contact. Boycott. Divest. Sanction.

BDS seems to be getting results in Israel – at the very least, it’s creating debate about Israel’s objectives.

It would send a message to our own mendacious, greedy, fatcat financiers, marketeers, branders, self-exalted management, big oil, gigantic pharma, and all the rest, which voting utterly fails to send.

17. Ba'al Zevul (I Am The Egg Man)

2 Apr, 2014 - 9:29 am

Last seen heading down Surbiton high Street with a large crowd fleeing before him.

Update: 0907: Seen in deep conversation with the Coronation Stone in Kingston. Appeared to be annoyed that the stone is not answering his questions. Police advisory – do not approach this man. Taser officers deployed. Daughter contacted, situation contained for the moment. Ends.

18. I haven’t visited this blog much in recent times, largely because Craig hasn’t had much to say and many of the commenters just say the same thing ad nauseam, I did however notice on a rare visit this morning that John Goss does accuse me of being the same the person as Resident Dissident among his usual garbage, could he please elucidate since as to the best of my knowledge I am not.

19. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 10:28 am

ESLO

Yes, Mr Goss has been spending a fair bit of time venting against different posters of whom doens’t approve, rather than countering their arguments. Accusations of sock puppetry and long, angry self-justifications as to why he won’t respond to x, y and z. Two-blogs John’s “attacks” appear to have intensified after he got outed as a hubristic squatter on, and colonizer of, Craig’s blog.

20. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 10:35 am

ESLO

It’s sad really. Mr Goss in venting mode, Mary cuts and pastes merrily, the mow corporals Macky and Herbie play tag team and BlubberFool (whence he?) plays footsie with someone who is someone else (or perhaps not). Thank God for you, Kempe, Resident Dissident and, dare I say very modestly, myself :)

We need a new thread from Craig.

21. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 10:36 am

that should have been “the low corporals”

22. ESLO, where have you been hiding? Not sure I should engage in your subterfuge but let’s listen to what have you dreamed up in the past fortnight.

The comment Resident Dissident purportedly made (or at least it has his name on it) was:

My response was directly below.

You chimed in at 2.03 am the next day under ESLO but forgot to change the sock and answered as though you were RD.

Explain.

23. Ba'al Zevul (I Am The Egg Man)

2 Apr, 2014 - 11:03 am

Update: 0950: Disturbed individual tasered (low setting) at Coronation Stone, Kingston. Dart hit tinfoil hat and shorted out. Suspect unaffected, evaded pursuit. Later reported by member of public on Kingston Bridge, chewing what appeared to be a small dog. Current whereabouts unknown. Ends.

24. John Goss

The explanation is plain and simple Mr Goss (I note your lack of manners in not saying please when asking for an explanation) is that I meant to say “I think you will find that RD said” or similar – I seem to remember changing the original “He” to what I intended as my post came several hours after RDs but obviously something went wrong with the editing. Apologies to RD for the confusion caused. No apologies to Mr Goss who in his usual style has used the flimsiest of evidence to make defamatory comments about RD and myself.

25. Ferd ; “Now, I’m not asking you for an explanation because you failed so dismally to explain anything last time”

How interesting ! So who were you before ?! Seeing as your avatar is the same as the banned Anon, which is the same as mysterious new Poster “Fffff”, which is the same as “Habbabkuk”, you’re quite right, there is no point at all in engaging seriously with you on this or any other issue.

26. Ba'al Zevul (I Am The Egg Man)

2 Apr, 2014 - 12:25 pm

“I think you will find what” ESLO “said”* was:

“I was talking about Russia – on every sensible measure of left vs right it is pretty clear where your heroes stand. You have no shame whatsoever.” (ESLO)

Got to admit I’d have drawn the same conclusion as John. Underlining the wisdom of checking your copy before hitting submit…or not being ResDis.

* Passive-Aggressive for “You’re (expletive)wrong, you (expletive), how (expletive) dare you?

27. ESLO

With all my analytical skills I could not come up with a defence for you either.

28. A huge earthquake, 8.2 mag, has hit Chile. Warnings of a said tsunami to follow.

29. 10.35am ‘We need a new thread from Craig.’

11.35am echoed by ‘I think I shall stay away from the blog….’ Fine by us.

Craig has posted over 20 times since the beginning of February. That is insufficient for the trolls. They would like one quaque die.

They have absolutely nothing of interest to say as usual.

30. Ba’al Would that be Kingston in ‘leafy’ Surrey or Kingston, Jamaica? I had the location in some Spanish beach resort.

31. ‘Farage and Clegg set for ‘ding-dong’
    UKIP’s Nigel Farage predicts his comments about President Putin will come under fire in his TV debate with Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg on the UK’s membership of the EU’

Trust that will not be a rendition of ‘Ding Dong The Witch is Dead’ which we heard many times last April.

What a travesty that state funeral was.

32. Ba'al Zevul (I Am The Egg Man)

2 Apr, 2014 - 1:07 pm

Mary: Initial reports suggested that Sofia’s Dad had been talking to the Bob Marley statue in Kingston, Jamaica, but the timeline suggested otherwise, and this was corrected. Police are now gathering outside a thé dansant venue near Bushey Park, and an arrest is expected.

Ex Constable H. Bono in happier days, with partner:

33. Sofia Kibo Noh

2 Apr, 2014 - 1:10 pm

Ba’al Zevul (I Am The Egg Man)

09 29am

11 03am

Thanks for showing your concern for Dad by keeping us up to date on the developing crisis in Kingston.

Since the unfortunate business with the dog, the Beeb has gone into damage limitation mode, while 60 SAS troopers maintain a tight cordon round the internet cafe on Morton Road. Witnesses report seeing a figure answering Dad’s description and dressed in fetching two piece leather-studded bikini lurching into the cafe in persuit of Mrs De Croisson’s chihuawa at 11 45am.

As for the report on the 12 o’clock news. That’s just typical propaganda of the sort we’ve come to expect when an “asset” becomes too much of an embarrassment. “Saddam Bin H’abbah” is of course a fiction. His shadowy terrorist group “Al Asbarra” is just a front for the latest psy-op, aimed at maintaining the fear levels of the Great British public by way of their pets.

Meanwhile, real people and real terror in the only democracy in the Middle East.

34. John Goss

So you wish to play for the defence as well as the prosecution – I wonder where that habit came from? Fortunately we still live in a part of the world where there is a presumption of innocence no matter how much it runs counter to what you see in your favoured regimes.

Mary

Your last comment really is just classic trolling – posted for a reaction with no content whatsoever.

End of conversation.

35. Sofia Kibo Noh

2 Apr, 2014 - 1:13 pm

Bushy Park to Morton Rd in 3 minutes. Dad was always a good sprinter!

36. Sofia Kibo Noh

2 Apr, 2014 - 1:16 pm

And that’s not my mum in the picture either.

37. Ba'al Zevul (I Am The Egg Man)

2 Apr, 2014 - 1:49 pm

From Sofia’ link, 1.10 pm –

v) Translation (2012-2013) – In order to ensure a fair trial, it is essential that all relevant materials and laws are translated into the language of the defendant – in this case Arabic. In 2012, some Israeli military orders were translated into Arabic and made available on the website of the Military Advocate General.

However, at the time of writing, Military Orders 1711 and 1726 appear not to be available in Arabic, almost one year after the former came into effect. Further, the simultaneous translation provided by non-professional translators in the military courts remains problematic, with one child recently reporting that the translation was sporadic and made no sense.

In February 2013, the Israeli Supreme Court, sitting as the High Court of Justice, delivered a judgment in Khaled el-Arej v Head of the Central Command in which it ruled that all indictments in the military courts must now be translated into Arabic, although the subsequent amendment to the military law allows for this right to be waived by the defendant – a situation that the Applicant’s legal counsel pointed out is inappropriate in the circumstances.

The Court did not rule on whether interrogation materials, court transcripts or judgments of the military courts have to be translated into Arabic. The decision of the High Court in Khaled el-Arej has itself not been translated into Arabic, even though Arabic is one of the official languages of the State of Israel.

Military Order 1711 that goes into effect in April (2013 -BZ), stipulates that children under 14 must be brought before a judge with 24 hours and children aged 14 to 18 must be heard by a judge within 48 hours, according to UNICEF. (Jerusalem Post 06/03/2013)

It is relevant to note that these new time periods are still twice as long as those applied to Israeli children living in West Bank settlements. (JFJP link)

Antisemites. (Arabs are Semitic, too…)

38. Ba'al Zevul (I Am The Egg Man)

2 Apr, 2014 - 1:54 pm

Apologies. The amendment to 1711 increases the time for 16-17-year olds to 4 days: four times as long as an Israeli settler teenager might get even if arrested on suspicion destroying a Palestinian olive grove – which he probably wouldn’t be.

39. ” Fortunately we still live in a part of the world where there is a presumption of innocence no matter how much it runs counter to what you see in your favoured regimes.”

You want to try telling that to Talha Ahsan, locked away for 7 years despite suffering from Aberger Syndrome in this beloved ‘favoured regime’ of yours without being brought before a court, then extradited to the US, that other ‘favoured regime’ of yours, and held in solitary confinement for approaching two years so a plea bargain can be negotiated under such torture.

Today is World Autism Day. Concerned people should be thinking about Talha and Herman Wallace, the man held for 43 years in solitary confinement despite not having been guilty of a crime in this ‘favoured regime’ of yours where there is a ‘presumption of innocence’. And don’t come with that old chestnut about emigrating. I intend to stay and fight for a better society, one fit for a free society.

40. Aberger = Asberger

41. “A huge earthquake, 8.2 mag, has hit Chile. Warnings of a said tsunami to follow.”

What’s it to be, John? Rothschild Zionists or HAARP?

42. “Aberger = Asberger”

Or even Asperger.

43. “Antisemites. (Arabs are Semitic, too…)”

Well done Komodo! I must have read it on just about every Jew-obsessed site out there.

Really playground stuff Komrade.

44. Ba'al Zevul ( My Name Is Legion And There's Quite A Lot Of You Too)

2 Apr, 2014 - 3:23 pm

Anoncuk-

When your comprehension skills improve, you will learn to overlook the basic message(Arabs are Semites too, so Likud policies are antisemitic) as thoroughly as you do the evidence for it:

“It is relevant to note that these new time periods (for detention without charge of Arab kids rounded up in night raids by the IDF) are still twice as long as those applied to Israeli children living in West Bank settlements.”

Practice, troll. Practice.

Playground stuff?

Quite so. Didn’t have to look far for that, either.

45. Ba'al Zevul ( My Name Is Legion And There's Quite A Lot Of You Too)

2 Apr, 2014 - 3:30 pm

The page is cached, and available in full if you can make this work.

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:iw3EzRxnJDkJ:http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.578751%2BKhan+Al-Ahmar+demolitions&client=firefox-a&hs=PD3&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=sb&tbs=qdr%3Am&hl=en&ct=clnk

Salient bit:

Since Israel controls the airspace, it is reasonable to assume that the drone is Israeli (and not, say, Iranian). Of what terrible terrorist activities are the people in the tent encampment suspected that would warrant flying a drone above them? Coincidentally or not, shortly after the drone flew over their shacks, pens and tents, inspectors from Israel’s Civil Administration – and not soldiers or agents from the Shin Bet security service, showed up. They confiscated two trucks that had arrived that morning. One held cement, the other playground equipment: a three-seat swing set and a slide with a tunnel and two ladders. Donated by the Italian government, they were a logical addition to the eco-friendly school, built in 2009 out of tires and mud. The students barely had a chance to cheer for the gift, which a delegation from the Italian Consulate in Jerusalem came to present, before it was taken away from them. And the terrible terrorist activities that were presumably stopped by the drone? The installation of a playground and the rejoicing of children.

And that’s from an Israeli, mainstream, paper.

Back to the sandpit, troll.

46. Anti-Semitism is a term coined in 19C Europe to describe hatred of Jews. Nothing to do with Arabs whatsoever. That is what it means in our language and only an entry-level Jew-obsessive would feel all clever about pointing out that Arabs are Semitic too. 6th Form stuff, Komrade, and I would have expected better from a veteran such as yourself.

47. A last ditch legal attempt is being made to get an injunction to prevent Yashika being put on a plane to Mauritius at 9pm tonight. Shame on May and Brokenshire, her sidekick behind whom May is hiding.

They are hypocrites with their immigrant skivvies.

48. “Or even Asperger”

Of course the important thing was the fact that people are imprisoned without trial in this free western society, and just because it is not you trolls, you just don’t care, ignoring the important in exchange for the inane, though those of your clan brag:

”Fortunately we still live in a part of the world where there is a presumption of innocence no matter how much it runs counter to what you see in your favoured regimes.”

49. Brokenshire has previous. An eager beaver like him should go far in the Tory partei.

‘From May 2011 to February 2014, James served as Security Minister at the Home Office with responsibility for domestic national security and counter terrorism including supporting the Home Secretary with oversight of the work of the Security Service (MI5) and the national Police Counter-Terrorism network. James responsibilities also included the Government’s counter-terrorism strategy, Contest, and he was part of the Prime Minister’s Extremism Taskforce.

James led negotiations with the Jordanian government to secure the deportation of Abu Qatada…..

50. Of course this free Western society isn’t perfect, but when you seem to hate it and openly prefer regimes which actually are vicious then you have quite clearly lost the plot.

51. So puerile.

‘Dunce v Muppets’ at Prime Minister’s Questions

PS Vaz has just raised Yashika’a deportation as a Point of Order. He says that ahe should not be deported as she is due to be a witness at a hearing of his committee, the Home Affairs Committee. Ms Primarolo prevaricated needless to say.

In one leap, Brokenshire is on his feet again moving on ‘Statutory Instruments relating to Terrorism’. More screwing down and removal of libertiea no doubt.

52. Anon,

The definition of semite is quite clear. It is not an exclusive Jewish / Israeli/ Arab or Bedouin term. Anti Semitism therefore applies to all of them.I s’pose you could even apply it to the Gypsies,Sinti and Vlach populations of Europe.

53. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 4:56 pm

Herbie

“habby approvingly quotes Nye Bevan’s view:

“in favour of keeping Britain’s nuclear deterrent : something about “not being sent naked into the conference chamber”.””
    ________________________

Do you really understand nothing, you dolt?

That was an indirect piss-take of those prats who were busily praising Aneurin Bevan in relation to the NHS – thought I’d remind them of what their hero’s position on nuclear disarmament was….:)

Wakey wakey!!

2 Apr, 2014 - 5:02 pm

How very one-dimensional of you, Habbakuk :)

55. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 5:04 pm

ESLO

“I think I shall stay away from the blog until it regains some substance rather than being dominated by the cacophony of the usual empty vessels exercising their prejudices.”
    _________________

I urge you to remain and carry on the good fight. There is always the slight hope that if the Original Trolls (including the Insolent Squatter and Colonizer)get whupped often enough they might learn. But even if this won’t be the case, there is still a duty towards casual, non-committed visitors to this blog to expose the inacccuracies, lies, misleading statements, irrelevant links and spurious arguments which the OTs so often come out with.

We are the only ones keeping this blog on the right side of reason and sanity!

56. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 5:09 pm

Mr Goss

“ESLO

With all my analytical skills…”

____________________

If you have any, they appear to be deeply embedded in that Jurassic interior of yours. Only fracking could bring them to the surface for us to admire.

57. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 5:15 pm

ESLO

“John Goss

So you wish to play for the defence as well as the prosecution – I wonder where that habit came from? ”
    ___________________

I can enlighten you, ESLO.

It was a feature of the Stalinist show trials of the 1930s that the laughingly titled “defence lawyers” joined with the state prosecutors in denouncing the accused.

Only one of the indications of what has influenced Mr Goss’s style and modus operandi.

58. Oh dear!

59. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 5:25 pm

Mary sighs

“So puerile.

‘Dunce v Muppets’ at Prime Minister’s Questions”
    __________________

I heartily agree. HoC should be replaced by a British State Duma. Boxing gloves and bullet-proof vests optional.

60. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 5:27 pm

Am I going to make it to the top of page 4 as well? Should I try? Would Mary be unhappy?

61. Seems to have completely lost the plot now. There are another 38 to go ?????

62. Tired of scrolling past an unwanted contributor? Then try Habbabreak v1. The all friendly sanity helper for Craig Murray’s blog.

100% safe. 100% effective. Habbabreak.

63. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 6:04 pm

Afrend (or whatever your usual handle is)

A most useful tool, but not one which Mr Goss is likely to need or use, given the absence of comments on his own two blogs. But cheers anyway!

64. Afrend, perhaps we could all chip in and have it permanently removing mindless comments. Habbabreak looks like a really good product. Give it to me now!

65. Lots of comments criticising John Goss, not one addressing the issues raised. The puppets and trolls have their jobs to do, which amount to targeting individuals and ignoring comments. This, from Anon, is the nearest I can find from any of them discussing a point:

“Of course this free Western society isn’t perfect, but when you seem to hate it and openly prefer regimes which actually are vicious then you have quite clearly lost the plot.”

What it lacks is argument. What regimes? How are they more vicious than NATO countries? Where are the links? No wonder people who do discuss think you’re all trolls.

66. Passionately optimistic!

A credible essay on intuitive writing from a great.

67. craigmurray.org.uk

2 Apr, 2014 - 6:55 pm

Announcement

The anon at anon dot com email address is about to be blocked. From now on, comments submitted with that address will not be displayed.

68. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 6:58 pm

Two examples of “discussion” from an Original Troll and the Impident Squatter respectively:

“And I agree with it, Sofia.
    If I can offer a helpful word:-
    I think your old Dad still uses sleep-hypnosis tapes in the intervals between his strange outbursts here. My pattern-recognition app has identified one – “I Don’t Have To Prove Anything”, by Frank Lee N. Sain, a Baptist preacher and economist from Armpit, Oregon. I would also look out for “Be as Wise as Sir Keith Joseph” and “Bedtime Hayek”. Tactfully remove these from his toy cupboard, ignoring the rubber and leather items, burn them, and I think you will find his mental state improves.”

and

“98% certain that the next Bilderberg meeting of Satanists, global dominators and dominatrixes will take place at the Marriott Hotel Copenhagen, where means of manipulating the rest of society will be discussed.

***************

And, as a bonus, this one (Impudent Squatter):

Resident Dissident

“Read the article and argue against it. I know this would stretch your grey matter to its limit. Never an iota of substance from you. You just lift a sentence and think this will do. I’ll tell everyone it’s wrong and they’ll believe me. Truth is RD nobody gives you any more credibility than Habbabkuk, because you have been cloned from the same mould. Get a grip and argue the case against the article. Otherwise people will think you’re a twat, that is more of a twat than they already think. And address me properly if you want to gain my respect.”

Pot – kettle??

69. Ben-Scot NON-collaborator

2 Apr, 2014 - 7:05 pm

Big changes here, avatar abstractions notwithstanding.

Cheers.

70. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 7:08 pm

John Goss writes:

“The puppets and trolls have their jobs to do, which amount to targeting individuals and ignoring comments.”
    __________________

On the contrary, Mr Goss: most of my comments, as well as those by Resident Dissident, ESLO, Kempe and Anon are actually incisive and pertinent comments on comments and would be most conducive to discussion if the original commenters were so inclined. Hence your complaint is unfounded, wrong, misleading, vexatious and not in the spirit which should animate discourse on this blog. Apology, please.

71. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 7:13 pm

Hey, Mr Moderator Man, don’t we get to choose our own colours? :)

But the angular design is fine. Angular comments and thoughts, angular avatar, there’s symmetry there!

2 Apr, 2014 - 7:41 pm

Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !
    31 Mar, 2014 – 4:46 pm

French Healthcare:
    “The system is amongst the most expensive in Europe. Cost-containment policies aiming at limiting supply and restricting coverage has been hindered by public discontent and ardent opposition by the medical professions which traditionally enjoy very liberal conditions of independent medical practice.”

“The general scheme covers about 80% of the population…”

“The very poor can qualify for medical aid provided by various charitable organisations.” [How nice for them]

“Coverage for services through NHI is not exhaustive and approximately 87% of the population either take out supplementary voluntary insurance with non-profit mutual benefit societies or purchase private insurance.”

“The main purpose is to cover the LARGE SHARE of expenses which are NOT reimbursed by the national insurance funds after the patient has paid the initial bill.” [My emphasis]

“Warner and O’Sullivan could propose a 0.05% rise in income tax, to raise roughly the same amount, but with no extra collection charges, unlike their scheme, which, if it is anything like road tax, would lose over half the amount collected in administration.”

(bonne journée)

2 Apr, 2014 - 7:53 pm

While we’re at it, how much relevance do Bevan’s views on that particular nuclear issue have to do with his passionate and measured support for a National Health Service? The answer, by the way, is ‘none’. It seems that people who support wrecking one of the best health care systems in the world are reduced to distractions rather than explanations. How strange.

74. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 8:06 pm

Tzechnicolour

None, of course. I just thought the person who quoted him so approvingly might also be interested to learn of Bevan’s position on nuclear disarmament.

75. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

2 Apr, 2014 - 8:24 pm

Mr Scorgie

““Nothing wrong with that, surely. In some continental countries people pay for healthcare both through taxation and social security contributions and through compulsory affiliation to a ‘mutuelle’, for which they have to pay a monthly amount (to the ‘mutelle’). Warner’s idea is merely a variant of that.”

Habbabkuk I see that yet again you don’t supply any links to back-up your position. What is the problem you have? Scared that your claims could be demolished?”
    ___________________

The day you demolish what I say will be long in the coming, mon cher ami!

No, seriously, I don’t have to provide any links because those are the facts. If you don’t believe me, then google up something like “medical provision in…” and you can check for yourself. I’m not your reference librarian, surely – especially since you once said that you “couldn’t be arsed” to look up a link I supplied.

Et maintenant, casses-toi!

76. Ben-Scot NON-collaborator

2 Apr, 2014 - 8:32 pm

Con’troll’ed demolition—test

77. ‘nother test

78. Macky, you are a positive Sherlock Holmes of deductive computer wizardry. The mysterious avatar you have detected with your pipe and your cape and your deerstalker cap and your awesome powers of Dunning-Kruger observation is, in fact, what everybody in the world gets when they put anon@anon.com into the email box. Even habbakuk knows this, for chrissakes.

Here is the problem. Somebody comes seeking information, and some dumbshit takes it upon himself to police the thread though clearly having no idea what the fuck the inquring commenter is talking about. This is as bad as for the discourse as habbakuk’s OCD.

79. Yashika Bageerathi is now at 30,000 facing an awful future in Mauritius. Please bring her back home by using Twitter and all available platforms to demand the flight is turned around. If not we’ll have to find another cause célèbre in the morning. #teresamayisvileracistscum

80. As the new avatar has not been universally applied to Habbabkuk’s posts on all three pages of this thread, whereas all of mine have the same avatar, does that mean that he is posting from different IP addresses and/or using different e-mail addresses? I think we should be told.

It would also be nice to know why they have been introduced. I dislike the colour of mine! Do we have any choice?

‘In computing, an avatar (usually translated from Sanskrit as incarnation) is the graphical representation of the user or the user’s alter ego or character. It may take either a three-dimensional form,[1] as in games or virtual worlds, or a two-dimensional form as an icon in Internet forums and other online communities.[2][3] It can also refer to a text construct found on early systems such as MUDs.[4] It is an object representing the user. The term “avatar” can also refer to the personality connected with the screen name, or handle, of an Internet user.[5]’

Also gravatars http://en.gravatar.com/

81. Poor Yashika. She will spend the night on the plane. Her mother is heartbroken.

Brokenshire and May do not have hearts. SHAME ON THEM.

Not in our name Yashika. We are very sorry at the cruel and heartless treatment that you have been subjected to. Your stay in Yarls Wood was bad enough for an educated and upright young woman such as you.

2 Apr, 2014 - 9:52 pm

wow, what fun! let’s see if my avatar is the same colour, certainly beats politics!

Also, this actually does result in many minutes of amusement: the artybollocks generator:

2 Apr, 2014 - 9:53 pm

Mary, yes, it’s several kinds of sick – not the avatar, Yashika.

2 Apr, 2014 - 9:55 pm

Anon, why don’t you just add ‘mwah ha ha ha’ to your posts?

85. 68% to Farage 27% to Cleggover. You Gov poll on the debate tonight. Labour and LD voters are moving to Farage, Peter Kellner of You Gov said earlier. He is married to the EU’s Ashton.

86. I mean, let’s face it. We don’t really give a toss about this Yashuka woman whatever her name is. She’s only going home and whichever family member was being abusive is probably well out the way by now.

No, what we really see this as is an opportunity to stick it to the Tory scum. And when this one’s passed we’ll forget all about her and find another one.

87. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26849934

Ukraine far-right leader Sashko Bily ‘shot himself’

A Ukrainian far-right leader accidentally shot and killed himself during a shoot-out with police last month, an investigation has concluded.

The inquiry by the interior ministry said Oleksandr Muzychko, aka Sashko Bily, had shot himself in the heart as police tried to wrestle him to the ground during the chase.

Shot himself in the heart while handcuffed behind his back. Must have taken some doing.

2 Apr, 2014 - 10:03 pm

Does it really hurt so bad, being a Tory?

89. Habbabreak looks like a really good product. Give it to me now!

Take it now! Don’t prevaricate, Habbabreak.

90. Sick. That’s all we can say when we have the hard truth told to us

2 Apr, 2014 - 10:10 pm

Personally I’d have a ‘Sofia’ – my dad blah blah not funny bollox here’s a dollop of fact – break any day. I’d rather like the original poster back, please.

2 Apr, 2014 - 10:15 pm

What ‘hard truths’ would they be, Anon? You seem deeply upset about the deportation of a victimless young woman; but particularly about the efforts of other people to stop it. Efforts which apparently have been useless. And which you see as an excuse to castigate your party (?). So you’re a) upset that people are trying to help b) upset that efforts to help will not work c) upset because people will carrying on trying to help other people in the same position?

Perhaps a small whimper instead of ‘mwah ha ha ha’, on reflection.

93. Mary, you can upload any Avatar you want to gravatar and it will use that one instead. Not really much of a privacy issue because your email address (encrypted) gets sent to WordPress/Automattic/Gravatar whether you register a gravatar or not.

anon at anon dot com (sunglasses avatar) is now banned for future posts, as I understand, but will still show for old posts.

[Had to resubmit this post as it entered moderation because of the banned email address in the content :-) ]

2 Apr, 2014 - 10:26 pm

“Is Habbabkuk’s avatar supposed to match Israeli blue.” – no, Mary, since you ask, I shouldn’t think so, since you didn’t choose your colour either.

95. It’s like this. We don’t really bother about the legal implications or complexities of the case. We don’t really care about Yashiko or the fact that she’s very safe. What’s important is that we make a great show of our compassionate credentials whilst sticking it to nasty Tory scum. That way we feel all good about ourselves and our silly delusions.

96. Gee, such purdy colours…I want some. But I done lost mah frontal lobe.

I have had a long felt wont to brighten my presence with some folderol in the little icon box. Can some kind soul please tell a fuckwit how to achieve satisfaction in this regard?

Also strike-throughs and underlines. Like – how?

It’s magic.

‘Scuse the oblique demotic. And no, that isn’t my new aftershave, Mr H !

97. Interesting take on the stuff in Ukraine and the political scene in Russia ….

98. Oh it happens straight away? Shite.

Sofia, I have always loved your posts.

Don’t leave me this way…

1 4 5 6 7 8 14