Reply To: Climate, the science, politics, economics and anything else

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Climate, the science, politics, economics and anything else Reply To: Climate, the science, politics, economics and anything else

michael norton

ET
what I do not want, is to become part of a group think global warming glue myself to the road idiocy.
If we are not to discuss anything other than in a group think way, then that is sad. We do not all think the same, that is because, we are individuals not part of the Borg.
Up till thirty five million years ago, there were no ice caps.
At that time no people were burning Carbon. Yes, I might be just starting to come around to the notion of human induced burning of Oil/Coal/Natural gas is very slightly upticking temperatures. Do I think the end of the World will happen because of burning fossil fuels, no I do not. What I do think is ghastly is the removal of primeval forests. This mostly happens because the number of humans on the Earth is substantially more than ever before. The slight increase in temperature will, in my personal view, be more to do with human interventions of land use.
The clearing of forests to grow C4 plants. The clearing of forests to grow beef. Billions more, wanting ever more stuff.
If the increase in human population is not understood to be the main driver of biodiversity implosion, then nothing will change. So me burning some Natural Gas to keep warm in a Northern Latitude will make little difference to the outcome. I will not be going to Glasgow for COP26. I will not be glued to the road. I will not stop eating fish or meat. But I do not buy much plastic stuff, I do not consume fashion, I hardly ever go abroad. I live a very modest lifestyle, because I choose that, not because I am instructed how to think. I will not be instructed how to think, if I allowed myself to be instructed how to think, I would not be me.