Text Formatting in Comments?

Latest News Forums Site technical issues and feedback Text Formatting in Comments?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Pardon my stupidity if I’m missing something, but are there guidelines on this site for how to format text in the comments form? If so, please direct me to it.

The row of formatting buttons/tags appearing on this comments form does not display on the regular post comments form. It can’t be my browser setting, since the buttons display on this page.

I don’t want to experiment on an active thread by inserting HTML tags manually, because if they don’t work the comment will display the ineffectual tags. Yet I see many comments with italicized or bold text, etc.

What am I missing? Thanks for your attention and consideration.

#37892 Reply

Had I known that my query would go unanswered, I would’ve used this space for a HTML tag test in the first place. 😉

<b>test for bold</b>; <i>test for italics</i>; <s>test for strikethrough</s>

test for blockquote:

The only backing for this statement by Boris Johnson is alleged “intelligence”, and unfortunately the “intelligence” about Russia’s secret novichok programme comes from exactly the same people who brought you the intelligence about Saddam Hussein’s WMD programme, proven liars.

test for “A href”: Test formatting in comments

Thanks for the use of this space; now to “submit” and see what happens…

#37948 Reply
    told

test

test

test

#37949 Reply
    Clark

Ort, sorry I didn’t see your comment sooner. Tags which work when inserted manually into comments on the main blog are: ’em’ and ‘i’ for italics, ‘b’ for bold, ‘s’ or ‘strike’ for strike-through, ‘blockquote’, and the ‘a’ tag for links.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Text Formatting in Comments?
Your information: