Lavrov — Post UNSC Meeting Presser

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Lavrov — Post UNSC Meeting Presser

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cimarrón

A few weeks ago, a commenter on this blog referred to Sergei Lavrov as a “bare-faced liar”. (I can’t remember their name, nor can I be bothered to look back for it.) The text of his words at the UN Security Council demonstrate how well Lavrov can speak on truly important global matters without using “bare-faced” lies.

The importance of this link here to his words at the Post UNSC Meeting Presser is conveyed in this paragraph –

“In conclusion, I would like to address all the journalists who are now covering our meeting. Your colleagues from the Russian media were not allowed here. The U.S. Embassy in Moscow mockingly announced its readiness to issue them passports with visas at the moment when our plane took off. Therefore, I would like to ask you to compensate for the absence of Russian journalists. Try to make your reports in such a way as to convey to a worldwide audience the full versatility of judgments and assessments.”

https://vk.com/@580896205-lavrovpost-unsc-meeting-presser

#91047 Reply
    Peter

“The text of his words at the UN Security Council demonstrate how well Lavrov can speak on truly important global matters without using “bare-faced” lies.”

Indeed. Talk about fake news, the commenter you refer to is living in a fake reality.

Lavrov does indeed speak very well and articulates more truth in a sentence than the whole of the western political and media classes can barely muster in their entire output. I find I agree with at least 95% of his commentaries most of the time. If you want to understand what’s happening in Ukraine listen to Lavrov.

Here is the Youtube of his press conference. It can be difficult to distinguish the voice of the interpreter from that of Lavrov but they are on different stereo channels so if you are listening in stereo you can accentuate whichever voice you are listening to:

Sky News: Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov holds news conference in the US (25 April 2023) – YouTube, 1h 18m 36s

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Lavrov — Post UNSC Meeting Presser
Your information: